Thread: Speaking of Fat

Speaking of Fat

Some here might disagree but I think restaurant portions are way too big. Even when I was in the hospital, laying in bed all day,not burning hardly any calories and the food portions were impossible.
    I was raised to finish what's on your plate. There I couldn't. Finally I found out they did have senior portions. That was a little better if I crossed off some items.
    There are restaurants in town I won't go to because of size.
    Somewhere in my head I always think not to be stuffed with food as you never know when you might be in combat.
    When younger I ate a lot but at sometime I quit and I'm still a little over based on height but maybe 10#.
    "What Fools these mortals be"....Puck

Why can't you just take the leftovers home from the restaurant and have them the next day for lunch or dinner?

Quote Originally Posted by gary_g View Post
    Why can't you just take the leftovers home from the restaurant and have them the next day for lunch or dinner?
    Their never the same warmed over. What I was thinking is the USA is over weight and restaurants contribute to the problem by over serving. Also more food costs more and most don't need so much. I've actually ordered children's portions.

They let you order kid's size? I agree with you. I've asked to have smaller portions before and usually just get looked at like 'what? you want LESS???'
    Some restaurants are starting to have a separate menu section for smaller appetites--Ruby Tuesday or Applebees I think have it.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

This is America (and parts of Canada) gaddamit. Bigger is better.

Now that I am older I don't eat as much. But when I was a young strapping tech I could finish any meal that any restuarant could dish out and be looking for dessert. I watch my techs and son in a restuarant and I always remark,"I'm glad I only have to pay you and don't have to feed ya!"

If I get too much food I just take it home and make it into something else. I love to cook with leftovers.

Restuarants should allow kids and older people to order less portions. But if they don't then they are not catering to you. Don't eat there.

The last thing I would hate to see is the government dictating to restuarants how big portions should be and how many calories they can serve. Crap don't we have enough government????

Quote Originally Posted by benncool View Post
    This is America (and parts of Canada) gaddamit. Bigger is better.

The last thing I would hate to see is the government dictating to restuarants how big portions should be and how many calories they can serve. Crap don't we have enough government????

We don't need no stinking government!! I guess I'd just like to see restaurants offer choice. I was amazed when NYC passed that trans fat law. Of course I was also amazed when the veggies got Mickey D's to change their liberty fry oil.

Hey Benn.. Your town made our local paper. Sorry to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    Their never the same warmed over. What I was thinking is the USA is over weight and restaurants contribute to the problem by over serving. Also more food costs more and most don't need so much. I've actually ordered children's portions.
    One out of three Americans weighs more then the other two combined.