Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

JCI Training

I recently took the 389 course Metasys extended architechture coures for building engineers. The instructror was great, covered a lot of meterial in the week long course.
    Each subject was covered well with plenty of time for questions, then they had computor set up to practice what you where just learned.

Has anyone gone for "FX supervisory controller engineering and setup" training?
    Feedback please?

Old thread but still relevant.

Yes, but it was back in 2005, 2nd class they did. Great Class, I am sure it has even improved over time.

Are you asking as an end user/operator or as a Controls/SI individual ?

As an operator you will likely get lost in the technical stuff unless you have lots of "Controls" experience. Possibly a bit expensive unless you have a campus or several sites you have to take care of.

As a Controls/SI person it will be heavy on the JCI Appliance functionality end things.

May I ask why you inquire ?
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !

All opinions expressed are my own. Any advice provided is based on personal experience, generally accepted fact or publicly available information. As such, it is worth exactly what you paid for it, not a penny more not a penny less !!

I am a controls engineer being sent by my company for training... (one year in the controls field)
    most of my work is with JCI and have some experiance with FX Supervisory Controllers...
    just wanted a heads up and some feedback on the course from those that went.

Enjoy !

Where are they sending you for the class ?
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !

All opinions expressed are my own. Any advice provided is based on personal experience, generally accepted fact or publicly available information. As such, it is worth exactly what you paid for it, not a penny more not a penny less !!

Thanks!
    Baltimore.

Depends on the instructor

From what I hear, the class depends greatly on the instructor....

My supervisor had JCI training in Arizona last year and it was not so good, but this year he had a class in Baltimore and said that it was good.

The JCI institute produces really good documentation with step by step instructions on how to do many things. The normal JCI manuals do not lay things out step by step.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12