Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lennox blowers

Lennox blowers

Is anyone else having trouble with the blower motors? on almost all of the
    g43 models ive had to replace them and lennox is telling me that they havent had any problems with them. i find it hard to beleive that about 3/4 of them that ive installed are just a coincidence. anyone else? and yes they have enough r/a and filters are clean

Never installed a G43, it's a stripped down G51 from what I see........, heck only sold like maybe 4 or 5 G51's.

If you are blowing up a lot of blower motors I wonder what kind of duct work you have these things installed on.

the duct work is sized rite. these are all new construction homes, trust me id rather put in the g51 but they dont wanna pay. imagine that. no lie i had 3 callbacks last week. it just sounds like its coming apart when its turned on all 3 of them, never heard anything like it

Quote Originally Posted by dmaxbury1 View Post
    the duct work is sized rite. these are all new construction homes, trust me id rather put in the g51 but they dont wanna pay. imagine that. no lie i had 3 callbacks last week. it just sounds like its coming apart when its turned on all 3 of them, never heard anything like it
    You talking about wheels going bad or motors failing?

There is a service application note on those blowers for noise starting and stopping.

Found it, is this your issue?

http://tech.lennoxintl.com/PDFs/0420a.pdf

I read that bulletin, but have a question;

there is a Note, under the motors listed, that says downflow models only, what does that refer to?

only the downflow application of these furnaces are affected?

thanks

No it says flue gasket will be needed on down flow because you have to remove the inducer to pull motor to do job.

thanks

guess I read it too fast the first time.

now it makes perfect sense.

We had 2 G51's installed in a commercial building about a month ago. One of them the motor was making a whining noise, changed it and still made the noise, even when it was removed from the furnace. Lennox said there is a problem intermittently and sent us a new motor with a different shaft size and a new different blower wheel, noise went away.

That'l be interesting when it fails down the road and someone tries to order a motor or wheel for it. Ain't gonna fit.

Quote Originally Posted by bmac View Post
    We had 2 G51's installed in a commercial building about a month ago. One of them the motor was making a whining noise, changed it and still made the noise, even when it was removed from the furnace. Lennox said there is a problem intermittently and sent us a new motor with a different shaft size and a new different blower wheel, noise went away.

That'l be interesting when it fails down the road and someone tries to order a motor or wheel for it. Ain't gonna fit.
    5/8 shaft like those old Heil's from the 1970's?

Quote Originally Posted by HeyBob View Post
    5/8 shaft like those old Heil's from the 1970's?
    I think so, I didn't put it in myself so not 100% sure of that.

I just had the blower fail on my Lennox unit that is 2.5 years old. I don't know the model# and the tech was not helpful. I don't know if it was a bearing issue, etc.

My house has 2 AC systems, but the tech couldn't tell me if the other system is on the verge of failure or if this was just a fluke.

It is 100+ in TX, so I am not too happy. My previous home had the original blower and it was over 15 years old.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast