Easiest way to find the lost tool is buy a new one

Oops I did it again. Couldn't find my amprobe. Finally broke down and got a new one. This one has infra red temp display. When the better half asked how much it cost, I said at least one steak dinner uptown.
    Found the old one of course.

Quote Originally Posted by K_Neil View Post
    Oops I did it again. Couldn't find my amprobe. Finally broke down and got a new one. This one has infra red temp display. When the better half asked how much it cost, I said at least one steak dinner uptown.
    dont feel to bad bud i left my fluke temp meter in a -10 frz for over 2 weeks bought the same meter now i got 2 these things aint cheap lol
    the best one is gauges they alway stay behind hanging on the sorit valves
    Mastic its whats for dinner!

Buying a replacement works every time for me!
    There's TREACHERY AFOOT!!!

Nothing works for me

Everything is always lost when I need it.

When we were moving out of my last house my son kept finding things; tools around the house. Finally I put a moving-box by the front door - "just put everything you find in there".

Before we were moving I re sheet rocked the kitchen ceiling. Searched and searched and could not find a utility knife. Finally gave up and went to Sears for a new one.

Eric and I were both mystified because we had had three or four when we replaced the roof a year before. Whatever - Sears sold me a new one for the ceiling.

When we got to the new house I told Eric to put the box of 'house tools' on the workbench. He decided to put them away instead. After a while he came to ask me:

How many utility knives do you think were in that box?

No kidding; you found the ones from the roof job?

Yeah; and more.

More?

Yep; twenty three utility knives.

And that was just my house; not the garage, the trucks, the shop, or the sheds - just the house. So buying another one does nothing for me. <g>
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

!!

Quote Originally Posted by K_Neil View Post
    A good idea is to not tell the "old lady" how much it costs, especially when buying those cool gadgets with all the bells and whistles!!!

What woman is interested in tools ?

Or how much they cost.

I can't remember Ever having the subject come up:

"How much was that tool?"

Why are they asking you guys?
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.