Thread: Trane RAUB 202

Trane RAUB 202

Hi all,

We bought a house with this air conditioner installed. It ran OK last summer. Near the end of summer, I found it leaking in the furnace room. Eventually, I found that a 'grill' in the furnace (I think it supplied air to/from the air conditioner but not 100% sure) was clogged with dust so I just removed it but had not used it since (used the furnace, not the conditioner). Today tried it and everything sounded like it was running but the house was not cooling down (after 2 to 3 hours). I walked by the unit outside and did not feel 'Hot Air' being blown out. It was not cold, more like room temperature air.
    What I am wondering then is obviously why. I am no handyman but just want to know what it might be as I will probably have to call someone and just want to know what it might be? I know this sounds dumb but is there a 'gas' that is needed (like freon but I don't think that is used anymore) that has to be refilled?

Thanks

Steve

The grate/grille was the air filter. So if you didn't clean it and puit it back in.
    Your coil may be plugged.

Call a contractor, and have it checked and taken care of before it causes expensive damage.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Thanks Beenthere,

I did not remove anything (parts), just reached up into duct and removed the clog of dust/dirt that was there on the filter. Do i call any type of hvac repair and just ask for a general service call?

Might want to recheck that filter.
    A clogged filter will cause what you have happening.
    Just ask them for a clean and tune. And tell them its not working right.
    So they know to send someone that can do diagnostics.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Thank you. I appreciate the quick reply. Have a great week!

Trane RAUB 202 and inconsiderate company

Tried booking an appointment with a company locally online and they never even got back to me. So I opened up the access cover again and checked it out and there was no dust/dirt clogging anything. Looked very dry in there considering I had tried to use it a couple days earlier. Was just looking to see if anything else could have been clogged but nothing.
    Just a note for any professionals out there, if you have a website and want people to use t to book appointments, follow up on the requests! I know it is not anyone here but I am just venting. Tempted now just to call any one out of the classifieds.

Ask a friend, relative, co-worker or neighbor who they use to repair thier a/c unit. Of course make sure they liked the job they did. Word of mouth referals are what contractors strive for, best advertising you can get.