Thread: York D3CG

York D3CG

Please help me as i continue my venture moving to the commercial side of the trade lol.

I am currently working on a maintenance with two of these units. I have a question about checking Refrigerant charge. These are two completely independent circuits, correct?

What is the correct procedure for determining if the units are operating properly?

Do both circuits need to be run at a higher indoor load or can i just check the circuit that is running, then maybe jump out the 1st circuit and run the second?
    i had 3* SH on the first circuit and thats a little low.. I didnt do anything about it yet but all coils and filters have been cleaned. What does YOrk say?

Second question, when checking voltages and amp of three phase equipment. my blower motor was rated for 5.1a FLA and it was running at 3.4a the voltages were all different across the three legs..

That amps of the compressor differed 3amps from the legs. so what is my amps and or voltage wich one do i pick? i know i can have a certain fluctuation but when is too much?
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

As FLA says (Full Load Amps)........when the motor is not fully loaded it does draw less current then the FLA. On a fan motor this can be achieved by pumping less air through the impeller. It is quite usual that the voltage and current does not read the same between the phases. The question is, how much is the difference? Everything within a few percent (less then 3 %) wouldn´t bother me, 10% would. But normally the manufacturer of the equipment has operating limitations which should be kept. The suction line superheat probably varies with the air flow. Is the system using capillary tube or TXV`s?
    "Quality exists, when the price is long forgotten."

Henry Royce

Quote Originally Posted by Entropie View Post
    As FLA says (Full Load Amps)........when the motor is not fully loaded it does draw less current then the FLA. On a fan motor this can be achieved by pumping less air through the impeller. It is quite usual that the voltage and current does not read the same between the phases. The question is, how much is the difference? Everything within a few percent (less then 3 %) wouldn´t bother me, 10% would. But normally the manufacturer of the equipment has operating limitations which should be kept. The suction line superheat probably varies with the air flow. Is the system using capillary tube or TXV`s?
    anyone with a service manual for this?

i didnt look to see the metering device. as i was wrappign up i checked the charge just to see.. ill see monday.
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."