Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by I_bend_metal View Post
    And I would have expected better out of you too......

Sorry, just a reference to a very interesting yet intense series of posts we were all following the past few days.

I don't follow that stuff.....I only come in here to pick fights with Dash.....
    I need a new signature.....

TO RYAN, LET IT RIDE, STARSTRIPES00, DASH & ALL THE OTHER VERY HELPFUL REPLIES...........T H A N K Y O U !!!!!!!!!!
    All of your replies have been very enlightening and helpful.

Anything 15 seer or above in a heat pump will qualify.....
    Not to bust your stones (others are doing a good job of that ),

15 SEER and 12.5 EER and 8.5 HSPF. All 3 must be met to qualify for the Fed Tax Credit.

Take care.

Bryant 5 ton 15 seer HEAT PUMP

I was just informed by a BRYANT DEALER that Bryant makes a 5 ton, 15 seer heat pump that qualifies for the new $1500 tax credit. He said however that only the "LEGACY" heat pump (the lower of their 3 lines....Evolution, Preferred, Legacy) will qualify. He also said that in order to get humidity control he would have to combine it with a variable speed heat exchanger (one which qualifies from Bryant).
    I guess I am confused........why is it their 2 "better" units will not qualify and will I really get some humidity control by matching the outside unit with a variable speed heat exchanger?
    I need all the help I can get....with explanations.
    Thanks in advance, to all those that answer!

Bryant 225ANA061-A
    Bryant FV4BNB006T00
    Bryant TP-PRH or Honeywell VP IAQ

Would be a nice system that can be configured to control humidity. The 061 model was apparently designed to meet the tax credit qualifications, just like Lennox had 071 and 091 furnaces (vs. 070 and 091) which made the 95% AFUE rating. I wouldn't worry about them calling it a "Legacy" unit. The Preferred series may be quieter, and would be physically larger, otherwise no real big difference in this case.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    16K posts Dash and you're yankin my chain for something like this.......

Let's see....BBB, Angie's List, talk to people, past experiences, who do you trust, who have you dealt with before.....I can go on and on.....

Equipment is equipment.....infinity, evolution, IAQ stat, everyone is packaging up the same things over and over and calling them what they want.....

You absolutely get what you pay for in this industry.....the OP was asking about Carrier....they make a fine system....so does Bryant, Amana, Lennox, Armstrong, Concord, Comfort Maker, Trane, American Standard......etc...

The fact is, I can take an infinity system and make it run worse than a 30 year old drum.....

I thought we all agreed on this.....

Please don't take this or my previous post personal,I just disagree.

"Let's see....BBB, Angie's List, talk to people, past experiences, who do you trust, who have you dealt with before.....I can go on and on....."

Please go on,as there are plenty of poor installing companies on BBB,Angie's list,recommended by others,etc.,etc..

I agree ,design,install and service after the sale is important,however most homeowners have no real way to know,which companies can handle things correctly..

We see jobs that we lost years ago,customer comes back still has the same duct static,line size,etc., issues we told them about that the other guy said was okay or that he would fix,just didn't do it,many don't know how.

There is some info for consumers on www.acca.org ,regarding a Quality Install/Contractor that could be helpful to a homeowner to decide,if they are willing to take the time.

As far as all equipment being the same,I disagree,they can do similar things but some do it a little better,and have been doing it much longer.

Infinity will tell the customer if the duct system is high static,and FAD Dealers have a Factory backed satisfaction or you money back guarantee,just a couple of brand differences.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Quote Originally Posted by vaderviper View Post
    I was just informed by a BRYANT DEALER that Bryant makes a 5 ton, 15 seer heat pump that qualifies for the new $1500 tax credit. He said however that only the "LEGACY" heat pump (the lower of their 3 lines....Evolution, Preferred, Legacy) will qualify. He also said that in order to get humidity control he would have to combine it with a variable speed heat exchanger (one which qualifies from Bryant).
    I guess I am confused........why is it their 2 "better" units will not qualify and will I really get some humidity control by matching the outside unit with a variable speed heat exchanger?
    I need all the help I can get....with explanations.
    Thanks in advance, to all those that answer!

Carrier and the industry was caught by surprise when the tax credit passed,and are all playing catch-up.

The current Performance and Infinity ,or Bryant equivalents,have 3 sided outdoor coils,the Comfort has a 4 sided coil,so it was quickest to redesign the Comfort. The others will follow.

Comfort single stage can be matched with an Infinity air handler.Carriers other VS speed air handler can use Carrier's "Thermidistat" for dehumidification control.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12