Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb New 15 SEER Carrier HEAT PUMP

I am looking into a new Carrier 5 TON 15 seer heat pump/ variable speed air handler that will qualify for the new $1500 Stimulus Plan. Does anyone know if there is a Carrier 16 seer with a variable speed air handler that will qualify and if so, about how much more should it cost? I KNOW ONLY THEIR 'PERFORMANCE SERIES WILL QUALIFY'. Also, I absolutely need humidity control. Will these units help? Do I need to use a thermostat with humidity control on it......does carrier provide one?
    Thanks.........

Quote Originally Posted by vaderviper View Post
    I am looking into a new Carrier 5 TON 15 seer heat pump/ variable speed air handler that will qualify for the new $1500 Stimulus Plan. Does anyone know if there is a Carrier 16 seer with a variable speed air handler that will qualify and if so, about how much more should it cost? I KNOW ONLY THEIR 'PERFORMANCE SERIES WILL QUALIFY'. Also, I absolutely need humidity control. Will these units help? Do I need to use a thermostat with humidity control on it......does carrier provide one?
    Thanks.........
    Yes, yes, yes, yes......and yes.......

Why does it have to be Carrier?? Buy an installing company....not the equipment....

Equipment is equipment.....just find someone who knows what they are doing to put it in.....

Anything 15 seer or above in a heat pump will qualify.....
    I need a new signature.....

You'll have a hard time finding a 5 ton A/C that qualifies for the tax credit.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    You'll have a hard time finding a 5 ton A/C that qualifies for the tax credit.

Carrier 5 ton systems that qualify:

ARI# 3344656
    25HCB561A30
    FX4CN(B,F)060

ARI# 3344695
    25HCB561A30
    FV4BNB006

ARI# 3286464
    25HBB461(A,W)32
    FX4CN(B,F)060

Smile 5 ton heat pump

I Bend Metal.........thank you for your reply. I will indeed check into other brands......just used to having Carrier and lucky to have no problems. I am aware that proper installation of the system is very important as well..................again.........thanks!

As far as humidity concern, the Carrrier performance series system uses the infinity control that also controls humidity.

I am also in the same market. I need to replace a 5 ton A/C in South Florida. Don't need the heat, but the heat pump was recommended so I get the tax credit. Amana has two 5 ton systems: ARI# 923196 (1 stage) and 1291850 (2 stage). My contractor said it will be cheaper after the tax credit than replacing with a decent 5 ton A/C. So you can compare those Amana with your Carrier.

Also, Lennox XP14-060-230 and CBX27UH-060-230 is a qualifying match.

Humidity control is a big thing for you in FL. However, for the 5 ton matchups from Carrier and this one above from Lennox posted, neither qualify with variable speed air handler (only the single-speed high-efficiency blowers), so you lose the ability to control humidity using variable speed technology.

Have a load calc done on the home. There is a chance that the 5 ton you have now is oversized and a 4 ton would work. Did the old 5 ton short cycle and not control humidity well?

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Quote Originally Posted by I_bend_metal View Post
    Yes, yes, yes, yes......and yes.......

Why does it have to be Carrier?? Buy an installing company....not the equipment....

Equipment is equipment.....just find someone who knows what they are doing to put it in.....

Anything 15 seer or above in a heat pump will qualify.....
    If it's all about the install,how do you suggest a consumer find the best ,or at the least a very good installer?

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Quote Originally Posted by letitride View Post
    As far as humidity concern, the Carrrier performance series system uses the infinity control that also controls humidity.
    So does the Comfort Series,not as quite as the Performance,or as t.

Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    If it's all about the install,how do you suggest a consumer find the best ,or at the least a very good installer?
    16K posts Dash and you're yankin my chain for something like this.......

Let's see....BBB, Angie's List, talk to people, past experiences, who do you trust, who have you dealt with before.....I can go on and on.....

Equipment is equipment.....infinity, evolution, IAQ stat, everyone is packaging up the same things over and over and calling them what they want.....

You absolutely get what you pay for in this industry.....the OP was asking about Carrier....they make a fine system....so does Bryant, Amana, Lennox, Armstrong, Concord, Comfort Maker, Trane, American Standard......etc...

The fact is, I can take an infinity system and make it run worse than a 30 year old drum.....

I thought we all agreed on this.....

Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    Find a Carrier FAD.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    Find a Carrier FAD.
    And I would have expected better out of you too......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast