+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ACT grad looking for work in TAMPA area

Post Likes

ACT grad looking for work in TAMPA area

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum and seeking advise. I am relocating to the Tampa area and have set out on an adventure called career change. I was laid off from my manufacturing job in January and decided to enroll in Allied Career Training's HVAC program, hoping to jump start a new career.

I completed the program and earned my EPA-608 UNIVERSAL certification as well as an OSHA -10 certificate. Entering the program I was told that my 150 hrs. of hands on training was equivalent to one years field experience. We were taught all the basics of the HVAC industry. Talking to potential employers has been discouraging to say the least. They do not seem to be quite as enthusiastic about the training I received and to put it plainly, it has been difficult for me to even get a job offer of any kind.

Can anyone help with getting my foot in the door? I have a solid work history and am just looking for the opportunity to learn and gain experience. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. And by the way........... resume and references are available to anyone willing to look. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    My email is in my profile,send me what you can.

We have hired many guys ,just out of tech school,some that a little longer then others to be productive,but most all make it.

Tell me about the school you attended,and the course of study.

Our New`Port Richey shop is 20 miles` NW of Tampa.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mr32 View Post
    Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum and seeking advise. I am relocating to the Tampa area and have set out on an adventure called career change. I was laid off from my manufacturing job in January and decided to enroll in Allied Career Training's HVAC program, hoping to jump start a new career.

I completed the program and earned my EPA-608 UNIVERSAL certification as well as an OSHA -10 certificate. Entering the program I was told that my 150 hrs. of hands on training was equivalent to one years field experience. We were taught all the basics of the HVAC industry. Talking to potential employers has been discouraging to say the least. They do not seem to be quite as enthusiastic about the training I received and to put it plainly, it has been difficult for me to even get a job offer of any kind.

Can anyone help with getting my foot in the door? I have a solid work history and am just looking for the opportunity to learn and gain experience. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. And by the way........... resume and references are available to anyone willing to look. THANKS IN ADVANCE.
    send me your resume I'll look at it if you want suggestions and reviews. Email in My profile
    If you help others then you are a Success

Post Likes
    I'm not sure what kind of position you've been going after, but you shouldn't be trying to sell yourself as anything other than an apprentice.

We may be looking to take on an entry level guy. Pay's pretty good and the work is steady commercial service/maint. e-mail me and I'll respond with all the pertinent info you need as far as contacts.

Good luck.
    -Rob

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in