Some of my "side work"

I have been building rustic patio furniture for years now. Usually I make it out of reclaimed fence slats and old dismantled decks. I have sold it at craft shows here and there in the area. Just before last Christmas I approached the owner of a couple of gifts shops nearby. This one has several pieces. I have built two of the gliders, the latest addition to the "line".
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    G T T

“In the end we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends”

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Nice custom work!
    Some Talk, Some Do
    "keeping condensing pressures low and evaporator pressures high"
    "Some customers are more interested in comfort than energy savings"
    Blog
    Web
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by gtt View Post
    I have been building rustic patio furniture for years now. Usually I make it out of reclaimed fence slats and old dismantled decks. I have sold it at craft shows here and there in the area. Just before last Christmas I approached the owner of a couple of gifts shops nearby. This one has several pieces. I have built two of the gliders, the latest addition to the "line".
    I have a friend looking for a chair like that where can i send him.

looks nice
    If you help others then you are a Success

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by matticus View Post
    I have a friend looking for a chair like that where can i send him.

Well, next time your friend is heading down San Antonio way, tell them to give me a shout. Be sure they drive their pickup, maybe a trailer to tote all the stuff they will take home!

Seriously, I don't personally know anyone up your way that does this kind of stuff. If they are looking for something unique and durable, not Wally world quality, they can browse through some craft shows on weekends, and will likely find woodworking types of folks that would be thrilled to whip something up for usually modest money.

My chairs are based on the classic Adirondack style, but simplified to minimize the fussing with the fancy curves, yet folks really think they are comfortable. The Adirondack style can be made too low for some folks to easily get in and out of, so my design is a little higher, but easily lowered with a handy saw!

Thanks for the inquiry!!
    G T T

“In the end we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends”

Martin Luther King, Jr.