Thread: HVAC CALC 4.0

Post Likes
    Im thinking about buying the program.Does anyone have any input.Of all I have seen 4.0 seems to be the one everyone wants.Is it easy to understand and quick to use.

Post Likes
    I just bought it and the hardest part is convincing people I do installs with that the house does not need one ton per 500 square feet. The program is easy to use and worth the price if you are brought to court by a customer and need to defend your job. "just my opinion"
    The obvious is obvious

Post Likes
    How long does it take to run a load on say a 1800 sq house with the program.

Post Likes
    Another big fan here. I love it, very easy to use. You can do the load on a simple house in 10 to 15 minutes. Try it here HVAC-Calc

JH

Post Likes
    I've been using that program for quite awhile and it is easy and fast to learn and use. ac12 the first time you use it take your time and get used to it. Then you will fly through it.
    If it ain't broke don't fix it!!

Post Likes
    Thanks guys .

Post Likes
    The hardest part of it is doing the actual measuements of the house. The program gets easier every time you do it and the tech support is fantastic!!!! All my questions were answered within a coupla hours. Sometimes withing a few minutes. Buy it....

Post Likes
    I just paid the $49 for the two month license for it. I wanted to make sure the contractors I had out for estimates were accurate in their load calculations. It really works great. Read the manual and follow along the sample house before you do your own and you'll have no trouble. the manual is short and very easy to understand. The calls I had to make to tech support were basically my own fault not the programs. I just did a poor job of going through the manual the first time and that caused my questions. It really is easy to follow. Like someone said, the time consuming part is measuring your home and windows. It's worth it to get an accurate calculation though.

Post Likes
    I just started using this program and now my biggest headache is customers who are being told by friends in the HVAC field that my jobs are sized too small. And to be frank I want to oversize just to keep them happy because I know that it will be an excuse for them not to pay becasue so and so says the system is too small.
    I even tried to explain that they are restricted by exisiting heat duct work and they are being told by their friends that duct size does not matter. I have one job I want to walk from because I am tired of hearing this but have already put time and material into it.
    I bought this program for piece of mind but now I have to deal with customers who have all this input from their friends saying I am wrong and when a customer gets that in their head (they will be hot at 65 degrees), it is hard to say otherwise. All some of these people know is that they want to be cold and the house sould be 70 degrees. I plan to give them some information on heat gain and AC sizing but still it is greif I do not need.
    (the only thing worse than being called an idiot is being called an idiot by other idiots)
    The obvious is obvious

Post Likes

Thumbs up

If the owner wants the house at 70degrees , then set up the indoor design temp at 70 and the program will do the rest for you. I also found out that certain equipment will only cool at 75% capacity sensible. so you have to bump up the btuh on the cooling when you find out what equipment you have.

Post Likes
    What equipment would that be?

I did run the equipment size the customer was told they needed, it came out to the house being 60 degrees for 3.5 ton and 50 for 4 ton.
    The obvious is obvious

Post Likes
    Originally posted by jrc2905
    I did run the equipment size the customer was told they needed, it came out to the house being 60 degrees for 3.5 ton and 50 for 4 ton.
    ... and condensation on the OUTSIDE of the windows and MOLD inside the walls.

Post Likes
    Yeah I think I am going to tell the customer my way or the high way, the mold issue is something that came to mind and around here there houses being torn down becasue of it.
    The obvious is obvious

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in