Auto Supplier Tells GM Where To Go

A dirty little secret I see in all of this current bankrupcy and "bailout":

A large reason these companies went into bankrupcy was to shed their legacy costs in various ways.

The legacy costs of state and federal government make these companies problems look miniscule. Our federal and state budget people know this.

The big difference is business has to balance their books.

The feds can just print the money.

The states can't print money, but they have a wealth of areas they can cut without addressing their own union issues. Road work, pupil spending, public safety, all those areas that we depend on them for, and we all will feel. This makes us willing to pass millages and special assesments.

Most gov union contracts are patterned after the UAW.

My father retired from General Motors, otherwise known as generous motors.
    In a discussion I had with him he said GM will probably try to unload the retiree pensions because they are guaranteed by the govt. So I suspect it will be passed on to the tax payers.

I have little sympathy for GM, even though I abhor foreign cars and think people should by American.

I sold one of my tractors last Saturday, two guys came down from Flint to pick it up, brand new GM 1500 Silverado, crappy trailer that made me wonder how it even would hold the 4,000# that was now loaded on it.

The kicker.........this POS trailer had a POS job box welded to the front, inside that job box it was the most organized collection of chains, winch, come alongs, chain binders and straps one would ever see, used but a massive inventory of extremely high quality expensive stuff, the best!

We were talking while they loaded and chained the tractor down, one of the chains they pulled was kinda short, a comment was made, "You should have stolen more of the longer ones" and I'm laughing and said, "where did ya steal it from?" the one guy answered, "Oh I worked at Buick City for 30 years, stole it all from GM"

Just another reason why we pay 50K for a nice truck these days!

GM is done.....just another Amtrak now. Obama is a dolt. This bail out is a sham.......EVERYBODY KNOWS IT!
    "Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better"
    -Pat Riley

The GM Ordeal should be a wake up call

There are alot of companies and unions doing the same things. This should be a wake up call for most.
    Do it right the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by 21degrees View Post
    There are alot of companies and unions doing the same things. This should be a wake up call for most.
    It should be but it wont be.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

I just got a letter today from Chrysler telling me not to worry about the warranty or service on my 2007 Jeep (14 months old, I bought it as a last years model in 2008).

Along with the letter is a $1,000 certificate good toward the sticker price of any new 2008 or 2009 Chrysler vehicle. $1,000 toward a vehicle that has a sticker price that has increased 25% over the past two years and cannot be sold under any circumstances.

This is the second pathetic attempt that Chrysler has made to get me to buy a new vehicle that they know I don't need. Yet, they have made no real attempt to really entice me to buy.

I'd last about a month selling HVAC with this type of marketing plan.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Maybe Obama could mandate that all US Postal, Amtrak, And all other government and union workers only drive and purchase GM or Chrysler cars and trucks; that might would help his two newest companies sell cars and parts?

Kennedy seams to think that employers could be forced to provide health insurance, for employees.

Maybe, Kennedy could also sponsor a bill that requires all employers provide employee's with GM or Chrysler cars and trucks along with the mandated health insurance plan.

Stay Gold,
    Be True,
    Conky

Quote Originally Posted by conky View Post
    Maybe Obama could mandate that all US Postal, Amtrak, And all other government and union workers only drive and purchase GM or Chrysler cars and trucks; that might would help his two newest companies sell cars and parts?

Kennedy seams to think that employers could be forced to provide health insurance, for employees.

Maybe, Kennedy could also sponsor a bill that requires all employers provide employee's with GM or Chrysler cars and trucks along with the mandated health insurance plan.

Stay Gold,
    Be True,
    Conky
    If you remember Regan bailed out Chrysler in the 80's and had the Government bought all Chrysler vehicles for several years. The difference is that he did not take over the company and they paid back the loans in full.

True but, Secured investors were not shamed out of their investments as this clown has done.

Stay Gold,
    Be True,
    Conky

Quote Originally Posted by conky View Post
    True but, Secured investors were not shamed out of their investments as this clown has done.

Stay Gold,
    Be True,
    Conky
    Yep, this President is about as bright as a rock. Why doesn't he just go off a bow to more Arab kings, and leave us and the car companies alone.
    "Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better"
    -Pat Riley