+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Staefa Controls PC Tool

Post Likes
    I have sent a copy of this file to the site administrators.

Post Likes
    Willy's4. I still have not heard anything from the site administrator. I did run into another possible option - Belimo's pcTalk V3.0??? This product is used with a USB to R11 interface which appears (on paper at least) to be similar to the Staefa Smart 2 set-up.

Is this the same program? I am heading back to the base in a couple of weeks and am not at all confident that base personnel will have a way for me to run the vav boxes and air handlers through their paces.

I also would like info on the cable interface required to talk with Staefa Smart 2.

I have over 15 posts, but I am not sure that they all have counted.

Post Likes
    Hello everybody-
    I would really like to get my hands on a copy of the PC tool software. I am in a building that still has a lot of Smart2 cards. We upgraded to a tridium front end last year and although we can interface with the smart2 cards the points and controls are limited. I'd like to be able to play with the PC tool and see if i can get more functionalility into the tridium system using the code from the PC tool program.

Thanks!

Post Likes
    Hi Jogas can I have it too Email Address Removed
    Last edited by Chris_Worthington; 09-28-2013 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Email Address Removed

Post Likes
    I am in need of the PCTOOLS software for Staefa Controls. I am in Atlanta. Anyone have any suggestions? Thank you. Billy 4043237302

Post Likes
    I know the battery in the Smart Tool is 12VDC but my coworker soldered a 9 volt battery connector and popped a simple 9volt battery in his Smart Tool and it actually worked! It's worth a shot or taking the battery pack out and matching it up at batteries plus. There is nothing too special about it.
    Lumpy mashed potatoes good, lumpy loops bad.

Post Likes
    Can one of the recipients of the PC Tool please, please email me a copy.

Thanks

Post Likes
    I need the DOS Version of PCTOOL. I think it's version 4.0. Does anyone on this thread have it and could you please send me a copy? I'm going to attempt to run it using DOSBox on a windows XP loaded Dell Latitude D630 with a little COM port trickery. If that goes well I'm going to attempt it on a windows 7 loaded laptop using a USB to Serial cable.

My site has two Staefa Smart II DDC controllers and the laptop I currently use to run PCTOOL 5.0 is on it's last leg. If it's any help to others this laptop is running windows XP and PCTOOL 5.0 with full success. PCTOOL 5.0 works fine on DELL computers model Latitude D620 and older but does not work on models after that. I can not get version 5.0 to work on DELL lattitude models D630 and newer.

Thanks in advance.

Post Likes

PcTools v4.0

Quote Originally Posted by Willys_4 View Post
    Send me an e-mail address and I can send u a copy of PC-Tool. Good luck on getting it to work. It can be a bit cranky. IF you have a smart tool there are places to get them repaired. I would first try to use it with the charger plugged in, if it works replace the battery or just us the charger. U can get a battery at most battery plus warehouses. I have opened mine up and pressed down on the chips to make sure they are seated ok.
    Does anyone have a 4.0 copy?>
    Thanks
    Ben

Post Likes
    I was hoping to get a copy of the PCTOOL. Also I have a system that will be converting to a new DDC system. Currently using Smart II boards, however most of the as built drawings are missing or incomplete. Does anyone know the most efficient method to determine the hardwired AI,AO,BI, and BO terminations on the boards?

Thanks in advance.

Post Likes
    Depends how old of Smart II cards u have. The newest ones are marked on the cards. Top left corn is 24vac in, next to that is limited 24vac out. Next to that is two AOS 6&9 are ur + signal 7&10 are ur - or common. These are 0-10 vdc, older cards are phase cut. 11,14,17,20 are ur 24vac for dos or BOs and 12,13,15,16,18,19 are ur DOs which is ur commons.( Staefa cards switch the common and they go 0 to 5, ie DO 0 thru DO 5). Bottom of card is ur AIs, starting on the left 40-ai4,38-ai5,36-ai6,34-ai-7,32-ai2,30-ai3,29-ai0,27-ai1. 37,33,31,28 are ur commons. All inputs can be either AIs or DIs depending on how they are configured with ur hand held or PCtool. Communications goes on 22 + and 21-, 23 shield if used.
    If u have vav, hp, and fc cards input 0 is room temp. and input 1 is setpoint adj. if programed.
    This is just some of the basics there is to much to know to explain here.

Post Likes
    Thank you for the reply. Do you know where I can get a copy of the PC Tool?

Post Likes
    SKY-DDC I tried to send u a copy but ur gmail rejected the e-mail. If u have another contact me with it.

Post Likes
    Hi, can you send me the pctools software too?

Thanks

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by SKY-DDC View Post
    Thank you for the reply. Do you know where I can get a copy of the PC Tool?
    I'm brand new to the forum. I'm looking for a copy of the PC Tool or the old MS Staefa 1800 install software. I had a Windows 98 PC die, and the customer has misplaced their software. Can anyone email me a copy please?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lutterloh View Post
    I'm brand new to the forum. I'm looking for a copy of the PC Tool or the old MS Staefa 1800 install software. I had a Windows 98 PC die, and the customer has misplaced their software. Can anyone email me a copy please?
    I Have the PCTool 4.0 (DOS version).

Send me a email: lagedor@gmail.com

Who have the 5.0, i liked receiver

Post Likes
    Any chance anyone could send me a copy of the PC tool? Also does anyone have any information on the pinout of the required cable to connect to old smart II controllers?

Thanks!

marka4jr@gmail.com

Post Likes
    I'm also in dire need of the PCtool tool software, can anyone help me out here? I found one company that I know has it, they claimed it was free but they're giving me the run around. I think they're upset I didn't buy their $300 db9-rj12 cable... Oh and ver 4 if possible??

Post Likes
    I just started a job as a maintenance/facility manager and the building management system used is STAEFA. The question I have is I have a smart 2 controller VAV that isn’t communicating back to the host computer and it goes to a field controller first. There are other smart 2 controllers on the same trunk with no problem. So I wanted to program another VAV smart 2 controller to switch out with the one that isn’t communicating. Before I go any further my backup smart 2 controllers are used. I’m using a laptop with Windows XP 32-Bit, PcTool v5.0. The laptop doesn’t have a 9 pin serial/com port so I’m trying to use a usb to serial cable and I went in and moved the sliders all the way down to 1. Here is how I have it all connected, 24 Vac to the smart 2 controller, the Rj plug plugged into the controller and the 9 pin serial plugged into the usb to serial cable. Now I power on the controller and open up the PcTool and go to controller tab and then to connect. After clicking connect it ask for the default smart 2 controller address and I’m not sure what to put there but it states it can be between 0 to 239 and something about 255 but can’t rember how it’s worded at this time. There is a sticker on the controller that has the info that the previous owner of the controller had it set up such as trunk and address and some other info so I typed the address on the sticker where it ask for default smart 2 controller address on PCTool but it wont connect so I tried the 255 and still nothing. So I’m not sure if something else has to be connected to the controller or it’s the usb to serial cable. I’m not sure how the previous maintenance/facility manager did it. So I’m stuck and think I will be for a while without some help so I would highly appreciate it if you could help me.

Thank You,

Post Likes
    I have had no luck using USB to DB9 converters when trying to connect to an SM2 Card. I even used BlackBox which I think writes the best Drivers. One trick you may try is to load PCTool, then shut it down and load it again. Sometimes it won't grab the USB Port the first time...sometimes it works on other apps so why not try?
    I am ASSuming you do have the RJ to DB9 Staefa Connector...right? Gotta have it.

The 255 is a wild Card Address in PCTool and it should connect if your PC to Card cable connection was good AND the SM2 Card isn't hosed.
    Did you try cycling power to the Card? Sometimes they lock up.

I would find a Laptop that has a good old fashioned Comm Port and dedicate it to just running PCTool.

BTW, in PCTool, once connected, you can Archive the Card which creates a backup with the file .List(?)
    been a while, but I think that's it. Look for any possible backups left on site. You may have a backup for that card in case its hosed.

Good Luck,

Quote Originally Posted by skinney74 View Post
    I just started a job as a maintenance/facility manager and the building management system used is STAEFA. The question I have is I have a smart 2 controller VAV that isn’t communicating back to the host computer and it goes to a field controller first. There are other smart 2 controllers on the same trunk with no problem. So I wanted to program another VAV smart 2 controller to switch out with the one that isn’t communicating. Before I go any further my backup smart 2 controllers are used. I’m using a laptop with Windows XP 32-Bit, PcTool v5.0. The laptop doesn’t have a 9 pin serial/com port so I’m trying to use a usb to serial cable and I went in and moved the sliders all the way down to 1. Here is how I have it all connected, 24 Vac to the smart 2 controller, the Rj plug plugged into the controller and the 9 pin serial plugged into the usb to serial cable. Now I power on the controller and open up the PcTool and go to controller tab and then to connect. After clicking connect it ask for the default smart 2 controller address and I’m not sure what to put there but it states it can be between 0 to 239 and something about 255 but can’t rember how it’s worded at this time. There is a sticker on the controller that has the info that the previous owner of the controller had it set up such as trunk and address and some other info so I typed the address on the sticker where it ask for default smart 2 controller address on PCTool but it wont connect so I tried the 255 and still nothing. So I’m not sure if something else has to be connected to the controller or it’s the usb to serial cable. I’m not sure how the previous maintenance/facility manager did it. So I’m stuck and think I will be for a while without some help so I would highly appreciate it if you could help me.

Thank You,
    Jogas
    Four wheel therapy, my 1968 Camaro is gone and will be missed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in