Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

AX Ipad / cell phone users

Running 3.8. I see there are different Mobile web profiles but I'm not sure what they all do. Does AX know that a mobile is being used and apply that profile? I see there are things like Appliance, Chotchkie, Basic, Default, Handheld, Default Mobile, and then a few more Touch types. What do these do? My customer can login with an Ipad and see things just fine but he can't change or override anything.

Post Likes
    incontrol,

I believe that you need to create Hx graphics taylored for the iPad/iPhone users. Px graphics are a mix of html and Java. Hx graphics are only html. Since the Vowels (my name for the iStuff) don't and likely will not run/use Java you have to create Hx graphics and mimic the Java functions in the Hx (html) format. I haven't had a chance (been forced to) create full Hx graphics yet but there are many here that can assist.

I don't want to go to the Dark Side (the Vowels) just yet if I can avoid it.

Good Luck.
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !

Any advice provided is worth exactly what you paid for it, not a penny more not, a penny less !!

Post Likes
    You're going to want to look for the docMobile under your workbench docs directory and do some reading. The functionality is getting better as time goes on, though there's bound to be upheaval when N4 comes around to how it works, but the "Apps" container & everything in the mobile.jar works really well for a mobile interface.

You'll want to use the Default Mobile profile, create a Mobile Nav as well, and create Mobile Px views (the Root Component is different than a normal Px File). Also make sure that you configure any components you want to have a Mobile Graphic view using the Mobile Px Media option on the dropdown (this is available when you Right Click->New View, can also be accessed from the property sheet of the component afterwards).

As far as I know there are no animated graphics supported at this time. I haven't experimented much with using images, mainly pushbutton overrides & other setpoint changes. It works smoothly and the interface has a mobile "app" feel that you would expect. It's been pointed out multiple times though by a few people I've seen here & on niagara central that you want to be careful how you describe this to an end user-- It's not really an "app" because you still access it using a standard web browser, though Tridium's terminology calls the Mobile Equivalent of Services "Apps" (e.g. Alarm Service becomes an app in the mobile.jar).

Hope that gives you a bit of a starting point, as mentioned above, Hx is always an option, I personally never wanted to bother finding all the ins and outs of what works as you expect in Hx, and being so close to N4 it doesn't seem worth it now.

Post Likes
    With 3.7 and up I just use the same graphics. When you connect using a "mobile" device, it automatically knows and loads the appropriate auto-converted graphics. I love my iPhone, (I know some will disagree), but this is once place I agree that Android has a big one-up. On Android phones you can even do right-click for overrides and pop-up histories open in a new window. I haven't made custom mobile graphics in a couple years.
    Nobody knows it ALL. That's why we share.

Post Likes
    Well that's the reason I'm asking. Everything looks great and I am just using normal pages. Is there any way an Apple user can have the abillity to change setpoints or overrides?

Post Likes
    I haven't done anything with overrides yet, but setpoints I just put the increase(+) and decrease(-) buttons on either side of the setpoint and they can click those. No save button needed for that either.
    Nobody knows it ALL. That's why we share.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by incontrol View Post
    Well that's the reason I'm asking. Everything looks great and I am just using normal pages. Is there any way an Apple user can have the abillity to change setpoints or overrides?
    I assume you are referring to the inability to right click in iOS. The only way around this I have found is to set an action binding on each point that needs to be set/overriden. That way, they can left click and be presented with the dialogue box. It is time consuming, and I only do it for customers that I know value it.

Post Likes
    From what I am reading here, it seems that I won't need to build a separate HX for my customer's use on an iPad. Is that correct? Also, as an extension to that, he is expecting to use the iPad as his primary interface. I am trying to decide what resolution and proportions to build the graphics to. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Post Likes
    Correct, you don't have to build separate files. That said, anything of any complexity graphic wise may not appear exactly the same. You will have to do a little extra leg work on the px pages to make them work perfectly. Remember anything that requires service to run and will be visible on the PX files won't look right. As far as resolutions go, I'd imagine it might vary between iPad models, but most of them are up there in resolution and a decent ability to zoom. If it were me I'd make a basic template and just make sure everything fits nicely on an ipad screen to ensure you have correct sizing.

Post Likes
    The system is primarily VAVs and VMAs, as well as 3 floorplans. I suspect I may need to recreate my VAV graphic to eliminate the active portions of the graphic, and maybe to add adjustment buttons (+/-) for the setpoints.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jbergquist View Post
    The system is primarily VAVs and VMAs, as well as 3 floorplans. I suspect I may need to recreate my VAV graphic to eliminate the active portions of the graphic, and maybe to add adjustment buttons (+/-) for the setpoints.
    You can add the +/- buttons if you want, but you can also just add an action binding to each point with the action set to "set". Instead of right clicking on the point and hitting set, you would simply left click and it would present you with standard "set" popup. You should be fine using the standard Tridium graphics package, even with animated fans and such. If you are using some other graphics that requires licensing, it won't work. I don't think animating label properties (foreground, backround, visibility, etc) works either.

Post Likes
    That's great to hear, I typically only use the Tridium graphics, though I do use layered labels, so I'll have to modify those. Thanks for your input.

Post Likes
    I just made regular graphics and they look fine on Iphone or Ipad. You can zoom in for a better look at certain things if needed. It's really cool to be sitting in a mezzanine and watching the equipment work right in front of you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast