Updating PCT custom modules AFTER installing PCT6v10

Updating PCT custom modules AFTER installing PCT6v10

Has anyone come across this incident, where you already have a bunch of custom modules, and then find out that you cannot use these modules unless it is upgraded to 6v10?

Instructions say I need to have pre-6v10 PCT in order to add these modules to the .caf file, then open the .caf file in the new 6v10 PCT. This way, the file will open and opt to upgrade.

If I don't have the old PCT v6.5 anymore, is there any alternative to upgrading the modules?

if you look at the whatspossible jci website there is a lot discussion about this topic. Seem if you have custom modules in a pre PCT 10 caf file they won't be in the caf file when you open it with pct 10. Also the location of the custom modules moved in the new version.

Quote Originally Posted by sycontrol View Post
    if you look at the whatspossible jci website there is a lot discussion about this topic. Seem if you have custom modules in a pre PCT 10 caf file they won't be in the caf file when you open it with pct 10. Also the location of the custom modules moved in the new version.
    Hm, I never thought to look into whatspossible jci website. Thanks, I'll check that out.

You're right that it changes the folder where you store the custom modules. I also found out that when I copy the old modules to the new folder, and try to add them into my application, it will display that it is an old module before I actually add it into my application.
    Last edited by Questionz; 05-07-2014 at 02:25 PM.

sycontrol, which group are you referring to? I went to the Johnson Controls HVAC Group, and I don't see references to this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Questionz View Post
    sycontrol, which group are you referring to? I went to the Johnson Controls HVAC Group, and I don't see references to this topic.

Look at the Facility Explorer group