GREEN SLIME CONCERNS - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GLH729 View Post
    Lite in color and unless someone knows of a possitive test how does any of know for sure, could be dye, moisture and copper turns green? Thats why I was asking does anyone know of a sure test and once it is proven green slime how do you or are you able to clean up guages/recovery equ/etc?
    I don't know, But it stinks to high heaven and turns brass all kinds of weird colors. You will never forget the smell.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Ain't it purty?
    Yep! Thats the stuff. Oh!! Bugs won't get near the stuff.

Saw it once in a hp. L-side leak. Tore it out completely and started from scratch.
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

Quote Originally Posted by meoberry View Post
    Yep! Thats the stuff. Oh!! Bugs won't get near the stuff.
    HHmmmm lets manufacture the NEW DEET!
    Silent Service........ Death From Below!

Somewhere in Kansas, a town found a village idiot!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleheadski View Post
    HHmmmm lets manufacture the NEW DEET!
    I'll let you try it first. Probable will have to become celibate you would not get a woman within 10 feet.

hehe... I am married.... what would change? LOL
    OOps.... forget it... since I couldnt get within 10 ft of her... all the dudes would be hitting on her! Shes a MILF! MY MILF!

OOps.... forget it... since I couldnt get within 10 ft of her... all the dudes would be hitting on her! Shes a MILF! MY MILF!
    Has she gone through the change of life yet. It might be better. one minute lovey dovey next minute you are trying to hide all the butcher knives.

uh... well I havent been threatened with knives...... YET!!!!
    But She does have her moments where I wish she HAD gone through the change!
    Although she is constantly complaining about its hot... its cold... its hot.... its cold!
    LOL

You know I've seen the green slime in other manufacturers compressors. It's not just solely limited to Copeland. I remember the old Rheem RPCA heat pumps having issues with the distributors breaking on their cap tube assemblies sucking in air and contaminating the hell out of the unit. And just like fuel oil, you get it on you you'll be smelling it all day and it won't come off easy.

Well the "Green Slime" is supposably from the compressor. Green oil and green slime are two different beasts. The easiest way to tell is cut the discharge line or cut the muffler out. If the muffler is not loaded, you dont have green slime. If the inside walls of the discharge line are copper, your good. The slime term came from just looking at the snotty like substance.

Throwing a liquid line drier at it, is like taping water balloons to the front of your car and ramming a brick wall. You will need to do a proper clean up, like you would with a burnout and that means acid clean up drier (oversized). A suction drier... operate for an hour or so in one mode (not heating and cooling) and cut the suction line drier out and replace the liquid line drier. Run it a day or so and replace the liquid line drier again. Dont leave a drier with any contaminates in the system. They may have captured it but dont expect them to hold onto it for a lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by tinner73 View Post

Uh.... so what are you trying to say?
    Like I really want all these mugs hitting on my wife!
    LOL

Green slime / Algae?

Could the green slime you are referring to in this post be algae? Just wondering because my compressor was replaced in December along with the reversing valve. Now today my AC unit is not working properly. It ran all day and never cooled down the house. Thermostat is always set at 78 and the house never got below 83 today. It has been very hot and humid here and I thought that is all it was until I climbed into the attic and found a lot of moisture between the insulation and the drain pipe for the condensation. Very little condensation coming out of the pipe but there was a lot of condensation on the small copper pipe outside. After turning the unit off at the thermostat for about an hour, I turned it back on and the small copper wire had ice forming all over it. Now I have shut the unit off for the night and plan on calling the repair tech in the morning. If a compressor and reversing valve are not installed properly would it take this long for a problem to form?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast