Need a permit for Bible study????

Ok, this story was sent to me by a family member originally and I did a bit of digging and found it's since been rectified. However, the original stupidity of this California town is worth reading about and commenting on!

http://www.10news.com/news/19562217/detail.html

and the follow up: http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=10475300
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Top ten reasons not to live in california

just add that to the list of reasons never to live in california........amen....
    Jason J Saylor
    Pinellas County Schools
    HVAC Tech/Part Time HVAC Instructor Fortis College
    Pinellas County Florida

"You will encounter many distractions and many temptations to put your goals aside: The security of a job, a wife who wants kids, Whatever. But if you hang in there, always following your vision, I have no doubt you will succeed.”
    Larry Flynt quote

"Ekard blamed the mistake on 'unclear language in the zoning ordinance.' He also said the county is taking steps to improve its policies and procedures."

Yeah. Right.

More like prejudice or stupidity. Or both.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

An obvious example of government officials who can't interpret their own laws.

A few years ago, I received a warning from the city about two unlicensed boat trailers in my yard. They just happened to be parked so the license plates were not visible from the street. If the inspector had bothered to get out of the car and actually look, he/she would have seen that both trailers were properly licensed.

Just two months ago I got a letter about an unlicensed car parked in my driveway. Apparently, the inspector got the address wrong, because I have never owned the make and model of car listed.

And yet our taxes keep going up
    It's a mechanical device, designed by humans, built by humans and operated by humans. What could possibly go wrong?

A couple years back we got a letter from Code Enforcement regarding property issues, junk, high grass etc. complete with pictures. The mail box was prominent in several of the pictures...wasn't our address wasn't our property...and not our name
    Yeah, we pay for this service.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    Ok, this story was sent to me by a family member originally and I did a bit of digging and found it's since been rectified. However, the original stupidity of this California town is worth reading about and commenting on!

http://www.10news.com/news/19562217/detail.html

and the follow up: http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=10475300

We suck! I'm still trying to figure out why I haven't left this state yet...

We got 2 tickets sent to us for not having our dog licensed and for letting him run loose last year. Problem was, we never have owned a dog. It took us 3 weeks to convince the city clerk we didn't have a dog. We even invited him to our home to look for any evidence of a dog being present. We had to actually have our attorney contact them before they'd take back the tickets.

once the government starts telling you crap like this, your life is over.
    you can try legal proceedings at first if you want..

Quote Originally Posted by frostman View Post
    We got 2 tickets sent to us for not having our dog licensed and for letting him run loose last year. Problem was, we never have owned a dog. It took us 3 weeks to convince the city clerk we didn't have a dog. We even invited him to our home to look for any evidence of a dog being present. We had to actually have our attorney contact them before they'd take back the tickets.
    So...what'd ya do with the dog?

Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    So...what'd ya do with the dog?
    Made tacos.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

I thought we already had a permit for Bible study. It is called the constitution!

I thought we already had a permit for Bible study. It is called the constitution!

This Administration has shown very little respect for the Constitution; especially when it gets in their way of Kingship.

Stay Gold,
    Be True,
    Conky

Three years ago I visited a contractor on a jobsite in a development in Delaware. My truck has not company markings on it at all and is in fact my personal vehicle.

Some schmuck government worker took down my PA license number, which proves by the way that the truck is privately owned, and sent me a citation for working in Delaware without a permit or Delaware licensing.

The cost was somewhere around $2,300 to comply with doing contract work in Delaware. The house next to the one I was visiting the contractor at was sold and occupied, so this jerk must have watched me talking to the contractor as he worked on the outdoor unit.

After a very nasty letter demanding not only to have the citation rescinded but for an apology for taking up my time, I was sent a notice that I would not have to apply....no apology.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV