Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Post Likes

    Willing to move in Commercial and Industrial fields

    I work for Co. that covers residential and light commercial sides. Is is 18 months since I started this carrier. I make $25 (not bad) but I have to know and do almost everything. I am very good with electrical things (have about 9 years in electronics repair). This is what I love to do. The Co. I work for is small, so we do everything from installing chimney cap to troubleshooting of automation building controls (single cases). Most likely it is in between. I am a little nerving about my future. It is good money for the job but I could be easily replaced with someone who will work for less (I saw it twice and can be next). So I am looking for upgrade. I am interested in MA refrigeration licence, Automation building controls, and more... I don't have friends to direct me in a right way, so I am here. Posting resumes on websites doesn't seem to work.
    Also I 'd like to know the average rate for experienced service Tech in residential/commercial and commercial/industrial fields.
    Thanks to everyone.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Post Likes
    I'd get the refrig license.

    And, send resumes to the control contractors and contractors that do controls in your area. Control people are looking for a guy like you with good basic knowledge in electronics and someone they can train the fine point in DDC controls.

    Send resumes and contact commercial/industrial mechanical/HVAC contractors.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.