Is this a significent difference in performance?

I am in the process of evaluating a 95% variable speed, 2 stage gas fired furnace and a 16 Seer, 2 stage heat pump. I live in PA not to far from the Maryland/PA border. 3 of the companies and units I am considering are Bryant Evolution series, Am Standard Heritage and Trane XL. The Bryant installer provided these number and sent me a copy of the ARI certified performance sheet, showing the model numbers of the equipment, the Trane dealer provided me the numbers for their system and I am guessing the American Standard system would be about the same as the Trane system since it is the comparable Am Std equipment to the Trane equipment.

Bryant
    SEER, 17
    EER 12.7
    HSPF 9
    AFLU 95%

Trane
    SEER 15.5
    EER 11.5
    HSPF 8.5
    AFLU 95%

All systems would have a 10 year parts and labor factory warranty and would include the same installation as far as material etc. All installers have been in business for a minimum of 20 years and to the best of my knowledge and research have a good standing in the community.

My questions are
    1. Will I notice the performance difference of the Bryant in my electric and gas bills and I am guessing they would be less? Or is the difference insignificent?
    2. The Bryant is about 7% less expensive than the Trane unit and about the same as the Am Standard unit, is there a reason to consider Trane or Am Standard over the Bryant unit?
    3. I have dealt with the Am Std dealer for other plumbing needs, but have no difficulty dealing with the other installers.

Your opinions please.

You won't notice much this summer.
    But after the electric rate increases in Jan 201, youll like the little extra saving the Bryant gives.
    Plus, the Bryant qualifies for the 30% up to $1500.00 fed tax credit, the trane doesn't.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

The Trane dealer indicated that his unit did qualify for the tax credits, what would disqualify the Trane and then for that matter the Am Standard unit from the tax credit? I went to the AHRI web site and it appears that all the furnaces would qualify, perhaps the major cost of installation is for the furnace which I am guessing would qualify, is that correct?

Also, at what point is considered a significant difference between the various units?

Heat pump needs to meet or exceed 12.5 EER.

Ask the Trane dealer to show you the Tax credit certificate.
    Contractor locator map

Beenthere, since the new furnaces quoted are both 95% AFUE, they qualify for the tax credit, right?

Those are the rated efficiencies. Will those be the efficiencies of each installed system? Not exactly. The installation by the better company plays some role in the system's overall efficiency (better airflow, properly-charged unit, etc.). But, if you feel comfortable with either contractor, you're probably not concerned with either contractor not doing a good job.

yes I do feel comfortable with any of the 3 installers. I am now wondering if they will just submit a form for their furnace and charge the price necessary to get the 30% credit and not list the other equipment. The ARI cert from the Bryant dealer lists all the equipment that will be used. PA is offering up to $500 dollar rebate, would both or any of these systems qualify for that rebate?

A 95% qualifies.

But, I wonder how many audits may be done. When the IRS gets all these tax forms listing diferent prices for qualifing systems.
    Contractor locator map