British Atheist Comedian

I've seen a few of Pats videos.... You Brits are straight faced funny.....
    Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

The guy spent 8 minutes describing an entity he says does not exist. I ask you now...who's stupid?
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Interesting...I remember watching George Carlin's diatribe as well and thinking the same thing I saw in this guy...namely...someone nearing the end and trying to convince himself that there is no God.
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

Quote Originally Posted by shaygetz View Post
    Interesting...I remember watching George Carlin's diatribe as well and thinking the same thing I saw in this guy...namely...someone nearing the end and trying to convince himself that there is no God.
    I don't really think Carlin was trying to convince himself there isn't a God. And have you ever seen Jim Jeffries? He's an atheist who is funny and makes very good points. I watched him with my God-fearing brother-n-law who actually buys into the crap his religion throws at him with no questions asked, and he was fuming after watching it. Yet, when I asked him what was so wrong about what Jeffries was saying, he gave the typical Christian answer about how the bible is the word of God and it shouldn't be questioned..actually that was as far as his response got, he got up and left when I started laughing. There's never no response that actually proves anything when God and Christianity is questioned, it's always the same old response about Gods will or how the bible is His word. Yet anybody who questions it is deemed some sort of immoral lunatic who is going straight to hell, which they don't believe exists to begin with. Yet, for believing that, we're labeled the crazy ones who just don't get it, I think we DO get it, we're just not so easily brainwashed and actually THINK.