Blower cabinet door making wheezing noise

I have a new Rheem RGRL furnace and the blower cabinet door makes a wheezing noise like air is leaking out of the door seam when the fan is running. Is this normal or should I have the contractor come back out to add more seal tape to mend the leak? When I take the door off, the sound goes away.

Thanks.

have them come back and take the rack out of the unit and then reinstall the door properly. Make sure they don't cross thread the thumb screws when attaching the door.

Should the thumb screws be tightened really tight or only as tight as you can turn them with your fingers?

One more question... should the holes for wiring, etc., in the lower part of the furnace all be sealed with tape? I have a few small open holes in the lower left side of the furnace and I'm wondering if they should be sealed off or if there is a reason they are left open?

Cool seal compt.

The blower compartment must be airtight as should all return ducts for at least 10ft. back. You run the risk of depressurizing the room causing a backdraft of CO. Also, this air is bypassing the filter so you can clog the A coil, perverting the true ESP number and delta T, cause air stagnation in other rooms and, as you noted, make noise.
    The reason there is a switch on this compartment door is to ensure it is closed. A tech should inspect the A coil, heat exchanger, and blower then seal leaks with a UL 181-FX duct mastic, close, then test. Then perform combustion analysis as things may change.
    HTH,
    Hearthman

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    The blower compartment must be airtight as should all return ducts for at least 10ft. back. You run the risk of depressurizing the room causing a backdraft of CO. Also, this air is bypassing the filter so you can clog the A coil, perverting the true ESP number and delta T, cause air stagnation in other rooms and, as you noted, make noise.
    The reason there is a switch on this compartment door is to ensure it is closed. A tech should inspect the A coil, heat exchanger, and blower then seal leaks with a UL 181-FX duct mastic, close, then test. Then perform combustion analysis as things may change.
    HTH,
    Hearthman
    Thanks Hearthman. Very helpful!