+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WANTED grid wires for an old whirlpool ice machine

Post Likes

Mr. Undertaker - Ice Cube grids are 19 1/4" x 21"

Hello: The cutting grids are 19 1/4 x 21" and make the larger cubes, 1 1/4' x 1 1/4" size cubes. Let me know if you have these size cutting grids. I took a picture if you need more info.

Thank you.
    Mike

Post Likes
    Mr. Undertaker, just checking to see if you saw my last post about the size of the cutting grids? Thank you.

Mike

Post Likes
    You'd be better off getting a new cutting grid. They changed them to a grid with two continueos wires, this eliminated the conductivity problems with the individual wires, pins, and spring clips.

Post Likes
    I have a large cube grid- e-mail is in profile.

Also have two half dice cube grids and misc. parts.
    Experience is what you have an hour after you need it.

Post Likes
    Hi MadHat, do you have any of these new cutting grids?

Thankyou.
    Mike

Post Likes
    Hey MadHat, do you have any of those new cutting grids?

Thank you.
    Mike

Post Likes
    No I don't, that was the previous company I worked for. I can try and find the Whirlpool number for you, it is cheaper to order them thru them.

Post Likes
    This site has a ton of info on the little Whirpool icemakers, including restringing kits. Don't know if the parts are the same as the larger machines, but perhaps it will help:

http://www.truetex.com/icemachine.htm

Post Likes
    Thank you Madhat and Icemeister. The problem is those grids won't work for the larger machines as the ice slabs are for cutting grids that are 19" x 21".

Mike

Post Likes
    Man, I have not thought about one of these for a long time! Was the first IM I had the chance to work on. Had water cooled condenser and would not harvest. Bad condenser water valve. Fun to watch them work and so easy to clean. One tech said he kicked the voltage up from the (i think) 5 volts to 12 volts and made it really chew through the slabs.

Before it dies and /or gets scrapped, you should do a you tube video of it in operation for posterity. I wish I had vids on some of the old stuff I had worked on to show my students.

Post Likes
    That ice machine looks like a subzero mod 506. I have seen that same style ice machine with a couple different brand names.Subzero still make that cutter grid.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in