PTAC Compressor Noisy

Hi guys...great forum.

Some background to my question. I purchased a new Amana PTAC and installed it myself. The sleeve was installed at a slight outside pitch but water was still collecting inside the base pan and not draining up to the point where the condensate water level got so high the fan inside started hitting the water. So I reinstalled the sleeve with a greater outward pitch (more than 1/4 bubble level) and took out the plastic drain plug on the bottom of the base pan. Well water is now draining to the outside like a champ, but the compressor gets noisy (kind of like a train or thumping sound) when the compressor first kicks in, then the noise usually stops and the noise starts again when the compressor is about to cycle off, before the fan and the entire unit stop when the inside temp is reached. I went to the outside and looked inside the grill. The compressor is vibrating a little when it starts to cycle (don't know if this is normal) and there is still some water in the base pan (although i read that a little water is desirable).

Any thoughts on what it could be that is making the compressor noisy?

Thanks in advance,

CE

Improper install.

Questions and discussions pertaining to HVAC for the home. No pricing, no DIY, Thank You.

Please read Site Rules Thank you.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by cdeliopo View Post
    Some background to my question. I purchased a new Amana PTAC and installed it myself
    I love when post start like this, you know it can only be good.

Quote Originally Posted by cdeliopo View Post
    Hi guys...great forum.

"...the condensate water level got so high the fan inside started hitting the water."

CE
    (Hint: it's supposed to do that. Helps cool the condenser. Cooler condenser = quieter compressor. Good luck. )