Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cehs View Post
    Marc, YOU WIN, you are smarter than everyone else here.
    We wish you only the best on the sea of life that happend randomly due to nothing other than PURE chance.
    Thanks for your vast and great knowledge that we are ignorant.

By the way, I pray to God, the creator that you will one day see HIS truth and knowledge.

Chris
    Chris, what's wrong with pure chance. After all, surely you believe your god happened out of pure chance. If you believe that in fact the origins of your god is too mysterious to be comprehended then you must admit that your knowledge of your god really amounts to nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc O'Brien View Post
    Chris, what's wrong with pure chance. After all, surely you believe your god happened out of pure chance. If you believe that in fact the origins of your god is too mysterious to be comprehended then you must admit that your knowledge of your god really amounts to nothing.
    An example of twisted logic, and TOTAL lack of faith in God the creator.
    I choose NOT to argue, but simply to dissagree.
    Those who dance, appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
    Those who believe, appear ignorant to those who do not know God.

C.S. Lewis said it well. "Silliness, even when spoken of God, is still silliness."
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

The direction this thread has taken is a perfect example of why I prefer not to use religion in arguing the pro-life stance. It's far more effective to ask the pro-abortionist to define when life begins. That forces them to pick some random, arbitrary point which is easy to defeat.

Sun Tzu said to pick your battle fields wisely. Sage advice.
    Preach the Gospel at all times - if necessary, use words. St. Francis of Assisi

I choose NOT to argue, but simply to dissagree.
    You are the ones making the claims and I am the one trying to make sense of the supporting evidence you present. If you were trying to argue that Horus was actually a real god type thingy I would listen to your supporting arguments in exactly the same light.

But you are right about one thing - I have a total lack of prejudice - a total lack of ability to believe any peculiar claim presented to me as truth despite a total lack of supporting evidence. Call it faith if you wish. I sure do have none of it! And I always will have none of it!

It truly is perverse that you would want to hold it against somebody that they lack prejudice. It truly is perverse that you openly encourage prejudice. Call it faith if you like - it is still perverse.

I do not choose not to agree. I merely arrive at conclusions, by clarity of thought and application of logic, that is contrary to your claims.

Logic is a very difficult practice. The human mind has in fact involved to not be logical. Because of this even very very intelligent people can be incredibly illogical. Another example of something in this world that turns out the opposite of your intuitive guess is in fact true. Actually, I'm going to start a new thread on the topic logic starting off with a demonstration of why being logical is so difficult.

Please read here to understand why I say it is not you who is stupid but the ideas of religion or at least those ideas claiming the existence of gods that are...

Generally humans are not logical
    Last edited by Marc O'Brien; 06-02-2009 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    C.S. Lewis said it well. "Silliness, even when spoken of God, is still silliness."
    An C.S. Lewis was another devout atheist who came to be a man of great faith in God. There is still hope for Marc. After all, we have seen that when he has to actually think for himself and express his own feelings rather then be able to quote information he can google, he's not quite as bright a fellow that he portrays himself to be. When we can open our minds and hearts to Truth despite our being blinded by knowledge, we are more susceptible to understanding the Truth.

Isn't Marc a prime example of the worst that can happen to us because of our acceptance of forbidden knowledge over faith in our Creator? We have a lot of catching up to do in order for our being able to have the ability of such great knowledge comes to a point where we can understand how to properly use that knowledge. When we do come to that point, I have a feeling that God will be waiting for us to say; "See! I told you you weren't ready yet."
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Brillantly said by another famous atheist. But the statement stands on its own. Too, it is really a summary or paraphrasing of what I have been saying all along

Quote Originally Posted by homersodyssey View Post
    The direction this thread has taken is a perfect example of why I prefer not to use religion in arguing the pro-life stance. It's far more effective to ask the pro-abortionist to define when life begins. That forces them to pick some random, arbitrary point which is easy to defeat.

Sun Tzu said to pick your battle fields wisely. Sage advice.
    Lol, religion is in fact entirely irrelevant to the topic except that religious people find themselves committing some very antisocial acts on account of their religious beliefs.

But it doesn't make sense to ask for an answer in terms of life. A virus is life. Hmmm, a friend with a PHD in biology told me that we were just an enormous package of viruses.

The question has to start from the point of "Is abortion murder?"

For instance, killing a baby that is born without a brain is not considered murder.

Brillantly said by another famous atheist. But the statement stands on its own. Too, it is really a summary or paraphrasing of what I have been saying all along
    You Do realize he was a Christian when he wrote this, right?

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

Proud member of KA Club

Lol, religion is in fact entirely irrelevant to the topic except that religious people find themselves committing some very antisocial acts on account of their religious beliefs.

But it doesn't make sense to ask for an answer in terms of life. A virus is life. Hmmm, a friend with a PHD in biology told me that we were just an enormous package of viruses.

The question has to start from the point of "Is abortion murder?"

For instance, killing a baby that is born without a brain is not considered murder.
    How can a human (or animal) be alive if there is no brain?

Proud member of KA Club

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    An C.S. Lewis was another devout atheist who came to be a man of great faith in God. There is still hope for Marc. After all, we have seen that when he has to actually think for himself and express his own feelings rather then be able to quote information he can google, he's not quite as bright a fellow that he portrays himself to be. When we can open our minds and hearts to Truth despite our being blinded by knowledge, we are more susceptible to understanding the Truth.

Isn't Marc a prime example of the worst that can happen to us because of our acceptance of forbidden knowledge over faith in our Creator? We have a lot of catching up to do in order for our being able to have the ability of such great knowledge comes to a point where we can understand how to properly use that knowledge. When we do come to that point, I have a feeling that God will be waiting for us to say; "See! I told you you weren't ready yet."
    Oh, I didn't know he had become religious. I should have thought to google before assuming he had always been an atheist. Anyway, I fully agree with his statement on silliness.

How can a human (or animal) be alive if there is no brain?
    Lol, not entirely without a brain. I'm talking various degrees of anencephaly.

You Do realize he was a Christian when he wrote this, right?
    Probably not. It is really almost eerie that while driving to Florida I decided to listen to Stephen King's The Dark Tower series to pass the time. What is most eerie is how much Marc reminds me of Blaine the Mono.

For those who are not familiar with the books, Blaine the Mono was an artificial intelligence that had massive amounts of data at his disposal but was also influenced by an evil force. As long as the subject was on something that Blaine could retreive from his vast archives of knowledge, Blaine was able to justify anything the evil influence had Blaine decide to do. Blaine was only stopped by questions that required actual thinking rather then looking up the data from the thoughts of others. I just thought this was a bit of an ironic coincidence
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast