Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    I'd say they conspired. What's yer point?
    Whats my point they need to burn too

The person that killed Tiller will not be charged or even eligible for capital punishment. As I said I do not condone the killing and the perpetrator should be prosecuted to the full extent of his crimes. If he is charged with Capital Murder then his a convicted then he should die, but I suspect that GOD will welcome him into Heaven where Tiller will not.

As to the women that have chosen Tiller to abort their unborn children that is their cross to bear. The difference is the women made a hard choice when they were vulnerable and perhaps afraid. Tiller made his living a very prosperous living on these very vulnerable women. The women were responsible for the death of one or maybe two children Tiller has been killing children since 1976 thousands a year for over thirty years. In my mind that makes him the same as a Hitler, Stalin or Idi Amin.

[QUOTE=classical;3469292]The person that killed Tiller will not be charged or even eligible for capital punishment.[QUOTE]

Please explain.....
    "The trouble with the world is the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent full of doubt" -Bertrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by coolperfect View Post
    Whats my point they need to burn too
    Got a new name now, God?
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

[QUOTE=coolerfixer;3469332][QUOTE=classical;3469292]The person that killed Tiller will not be charged or even eligible for capital punishment.

Please explain.....
    Look up Capital Crimes you will find only certain crimes qualify, it is certain that this will be first degree or pre meditated murder but these are not death penalty crimes. Each state is different but in most cases the killing of a law enforcement officer, killing during the commission of a kidnapping or robbery will elevate a crime to Capital status.

Kansas - Capital Murder
    Ch. 21, Art. 3439

This Kansas law Tillers killer does not qualify.

Chapter 21.--CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS
    PART II.--PROHIBITED CONDUCT
    Article 34.--CRIMES AGAINST PERSONS & Article 46.--SENTENCING

21-3439. Capital murder. (a) Capital murder is the:

(1) Intentional and premeditated killing of any person in the commission of kidnapping, as defined in K.S.A. 21-3420 and amendments thereto, or aggravated kidnapping, as defined in K.S.A. 21-3421 and amendments thereto, when the kidnapping or aggravated kidnapping was committed with the intent to hold such person for ransom;

(2) intentional and premeditated killing of any person pursuant to a contract or agreement to kill such person or being a party to the contract or agreement pursuant to which such person is killed;

(3) intentional and premeditated killing of any person by an inmate or prisoner confined in a state correctional institution, community correctional institution or jail or while in the custody of an officer or employee of a state correctional institution, community correctional institution or jail;

(4) intentional and premeditated killing of the victim of one of the following crimes in the commission of, or subsequent to, such crime: Rape, as defined in K.S.A. 21-3502 and amendments thereto, criminal sodomy, as defined in subsections (a)(2) or (a)(3) of K.S.A. 21-3505 and amendments thereto or aggravated criminal sodomy, as defined in K.S.A. 21-3506 and amendments thereto, or any attempt thereof, as defined in K.S.A. 21-3301 and amendments thereto;

(5) intentional and premeditated killing of a law enforcement officer, as defined in K.S.A. 21-3110 and amendments thereto;

(6) intentional and premeditated killing of more than one person as a part of the same act or transaction or in two or more acts or transactions connected together or constituting parts of a common scheme or course of conduct; or

(7) intentional and premeditated killing of a child under the age of 14 in the commission of kidnapping, as defined in K.S.A. 21-3420 and amendments thereto, or aggravated kidnapping, as defined in K.S.A. 21-3421 and amendments thereto, when the kidnapping or aggravated kidnapping was committed with intent to commit a sex offense upon or with the child or with intent that the child commit or submit to a sex offense.

(b) For purposes of this section, "sex offense" means rape, as defined in K.S.A. 21-3502 and amendments thereto, aggravated indecent liberties with a child, as defined in K.S.A. 21-3504 and amendments thereto, aggravated criminal sodomy, as defined in K.S.A. 21-3506 and amendments thereto, prostitution, as defined in K.S.A. 21-3512 and amendments thereto, promoting prostitution, as defined in K.S.A. 21-3513 and amendments thereto or sexual exploitation of a child, as defined in K.S.A. 21-3516 and amendments thereto.

(c) Capital murder is an off-grid person felony.

(d) This section shall be part of and supplemental to the Kansas criminal code.

History: L. 1994, ch. 252, § 1; July 1.

Quote Originally Posted by classical View Post
    Would you attend a church that some one like that attended, I would not. Were it my choice he would have been asked to leave.
    I'm sorry to know this about you Al. Church is more a hospital for sinners then some sort of exclusive club for saints.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by coolerfixer View Post
    Just curious, who here will object to Dr. Tiller's murderer's execution? It appears it will be a slam dunk case. Hypocrisy observers will want to know.
    I object strongly. No one had the right to murder this man. He may be considered a murderer by some of certain faiths, but legally the man did nothing illegal.

On the other hand, Tiller's murderer is now what he or she accuses Tiller if being, and is legally wrong to boot.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I object strongly. No one had the right to murder this man. He may be considered a murderer by some of certain faiths, but legally the man did nothing illegal.

On the other hand, Tiller's murderer is now what he or she accuses Tiller if being, and is legally wrong to boot.

I would agree with you there. Capitol punishment is given to the government Biblically and only after a thorough investigation. Those who are put over us have the responsibility to meet that out with equity.

The fact that the governing authority and the doctor are also guilty of a capitol crime--in this case, infanticide--does not give just anyone the right to execute their own brand of justice. This man is as guilty of murder as the good doctor was.

As a pastor though, I stand with Al...there was no place for this man in the position of elder, much less as a member...unless he was a repentant, former abortionist who recognized the depravity of his acts. The Body of Christ is a hospital only for the repentant person who understands how ugly sin is in the eyes of God and who wishes to grow in the grace and knowledge of Christ. In that it is an exclusive club for saints alone.

On another note, one's reaction to this news goes a long way in telling me how little those who rejoice in his fall understand the great price paid to keep this doctor from his final fate and how close they were to rightfully suffering the same.
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

abortion doctor Tiller was shot to death today and i think it raises some future legal questions we will have to answer.

1) Does the public have a right to abort doctors who perform these kind of medical procedures?

2) Tiller was 67 years old, is that old enough for an abortion doctor to be considered human?

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post

Robin I think you missed the intent here, he is asking if anyone thinks the killer should not be put to death he is not excusing Tillers killer.

As far as my not wanting an abortionist in my church sorry legal or not that is being the epitome of a hypocrite to attend church and kill unborn children the rest of the week. Yes a church should be to heal sins but I would also not want Charles Manson or Jeffery Dahmer in my church.

Abortion is only legal because of a ruling from a stacked court. What is worst about this guy is he specialize in late term abortions. He was not trying to repentant or changed he had slaughtered unborn children for more than 36 years, he made a conscious decision in 1973 to perform late term abortions, I assume primarily because he could make more money. Murder for hire is the most insidious form of murder and an abortionist is the personification of a murderer for hire.

My feelings towards abortion have strengthened since my granddaughter was born especially since I saw the first sonogram at 13 weeks.

Kan. abortion doc killed in church

"Kan. abortion doc killed in church; suspect held

AP By ROXANA HEGEMAN, Associated Press Writer Roxana Hegeman, Associated Press Writer – Sun May 31, 7:59 pm ET

WICHITA, Kan. – Dr. George Tiller, one of the nation's few providers of late-term abortions despite decades of protests and attacks, was shot and killed Sunday in a church where he was serving as an usher.

The gunman fled, but a 51-year-old suspect was detained some 170 miles away in suburban Kansas City three hours after the shooting, Wichita Deputy Police Chief Tom Stolz said.

Although Stolz refused to release the man's name, Johnson County sheriff's spokesman Tom Erickson identified the detained man as Scott Roeder. He has not been charged in the slaying and was expected to be taken to Wichita for questioning.

There was no immediate word of the motive Tiller's assailant. But the doctor's violent death was the latest in a string of shootings and bombings over two decades directed against abortion clinics, doctors and staff.

Long a focus of national anti-abortion groups, including a summer-long protest in 1991, Tiller was shot in the foyer of Reformation Lutheran Church, Stolz said. Tiller's attorney, Dan Monnat, said Tiller's wife, Jeanne, was in the choir at the time."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090531/...iller_shooting

Obviously this is a disturbing news story as someone lost their life. A few questions came to mind while reading this account.

1. Mr. Tiller's abortion clinic was bombed in 1985 and he was shot in 1993. Does his murder in 2009 really comprise a "string of shootings and bombings" as the writer depicts?

2. President Obama said he was "shocked and outraged" at the news of what he described as a "heinous acts of violence". Isn't a late term abortion an act of heinous violence (plunging a pair of scissors into the baby's skull, vacuuming out the brains, throwing the body into the trash or incinerator)?

3. Are anti-abortion groups correct in assuming this event will cause a backlash against their efforts? How will the mainstream media and Hollywood entertainment industry position this crime?
    Preach the Gospel at all times - if necessary, use words. St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by homersodyssey View Post
    2. President Obama said he was "shocked and outraged" at the news of what he described as a "heinous acts of violence". Isn't a late term abortion an act of heinous violence (plunging a pair of scissors into the baby's skull, vacuuming out the brains, throwing the body into the trash or incinerator)?
    This is the key question that remains unanswered satisfactorily.

If abortion is not murder then it is also not an act of heinous violence or however you want to put it.

If abortion is murder then, well, it's murder and so must not be tollerated.

Answer that one question and you will solve the whole issue in a single stroke.

Until such a time, those who believe it is not murder will remain unopposed to it to varying degrees and contexts, and those who believe it is murder will remain opposed to it.
    Last edited by Marc O'Brien; 06-01-2009 at 08:02 AM.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast