Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc O'Brien View Post
    Morton's demon

Morton's Demon was devised by Glenn R. Morton in 2002 as part of a thought experiment to explain his own experience of confirmation bias. By analogy with Maxwell's demon, Morton's demon stands at the gateway of a person's senses and lets in facts that agree with that person's beliefs while deflecting those that do not.

Morton was at one time a Young Earth creationist who later disavowed this belief. The demon was his way of referring to his own bias and that which he continued to observe in other Young Earth creationists. With time it has become a common shorthand for confirmation bias in a variety of situations.
    More drivel from Blain the pain. Post links of your sources. You are obviously not capable of original thought, so let us know where your hateful commentaries originate.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    And you might want to stop being so evasive and post links to where you are copying your material from. We know how good you are at copying the thoughts and works of others, we have all read your long winded technical postings.
    Robo old boy, take short sentence from the stuff I say is copied from the web and then search for that sentence in google. You'll find it all very easily.

I am not asking you to accept my claims regarding atheism and better societies upon my say so. I am telling you that these are the facts and because they are very easily varifiable facts you can discover for yourself whether they migth be true.

Sometimes claims are not so easily varifiable in which case supporting evidence is required. In this instance it is a fact that has been accepted all along by those who bother to look at all the evidence fro and against. Ther are many different reasons offered for the fact, sure, many people differ there. But no one denies that London is the capital of England after a quick search for supporting evidence and no one denies atheistic countries are better societies than religious societies. People only differ on their explanations.

Don't be so lazy, go look it up for yourself!!! What is the capital of England and which countries have better societies those more atheist or those more theist?

Robo old boy, take short sentence from the stuff I say is copied from the web and then search for that sentence in google. You'll find it all very easily.....

....Don't be so lazy, go look it up for yourself!!! What is the capital of England and which countries have better societies those more atheist or those more theist?
    We all are capable of googling Marc. It is not a matter of our being lazy but rather your being so arrogant that you think we give a crap about what you believe or don't believe.

This is your rant. Either show support for your crap or take a hike with it. Why in the world would a person of faith want to seek out what is just hateful rhetoric?

Put up or shut up Marc.

We all are capable of googling Marc. It is not a matter of our being lazy but rather your being so arrogant that you think we give a crap about what you believe or don't believe.

This is your rant. Either show support for your crap or take a hike with it. Why in the world would a person of faith want to seek out what is just hateful rhetoric?

Put up or shut up Marc.
    As you are so hell bent on being religious. May I suggest you find a religion that does more to relax your demeanor, one that helps you not be so paranoidally defensive against criticism of it and generally allows you to be more happily sociable.

I have given enough explanation for why you are delusional, but as they say, you can only take a horse to water...

As you are so hell bent on being religious. May I suggest you find a religion that does more to relax your demeanor, one that helps you not be so paranoidally defensive against criticism of it and generally allows you to be more happily sociable.

I have given enough explanation for why you are delusional, but as they say, you can only take a horse to water...
    You don't understand me at all Marc. I am not at all religious. I actually agree that religion has been highly influenced by evil. If you took just a little time to investigate me you would have known that.

I am also very relaxed. I am not the one without a plan for my eternal future

My defensiveness is not from paranoia or delusion, it is because you are offensive, boorish, rude and hateful in the way you address and refer to persons of faith. I don't think anyone who has met me, and many on this site have, would say that I am not a sociable person.

Now, if you would either stop avoiding posting supporting links to your commentaries or stop posting irrelevant crap, we can get on with learning more about how each other is thinking. Personally, as far as I can tell, you are not thinking at all.

You don't understand me at all Marc. I am not at all religious. I actually agree that religion has been highly influenced by evil. If you took just a little time to investigate me you would have known that.

I am also very relaxed. I am not the one without a plan for my eternal future

My defensiveness is not from paranoia or delusion, it is because you are offensive, boorish, rude and hateful in the way you address and refer to persons of faith. I don't think anyone who has met me, and many on this site have, would say that I am not a sociable person.

Now, if you would either stop avoiding posting supporting links to your commentaries or stop posting irrelevant crap, we can get on with learning more about how each other is thinking. Personally, as far as I can tell, you are not thinking at all.
    I'm relieved, for a moment there I thought you were just another typically evil religious monster.

You may very well personally think that I am not thinking. Like I may personally feel that brussel sprouts are yuk. Whether it is fact that I am not thinking then, well, you need to demonstrate how you come to this conclusion or provide me with a link where google can demonstrate this

Here is a link you can start off with regarding the study that showed religions are bad for societies...

Societies worse off 'when they have God on their side

Which perhaps also explains why you are such a poor logician

I'm relieved, for a moment there I thought you were just another typically evil religious monster.

You may very well personally think that I am not thinking. Like I may personally feel that brussel sprouts are yuk. Whether it is fact that I am not thinking then, well, you need to demonstrate how you come to this conclusion or provide me with a link where google can demonstrate this

Here is a link you can start off with regarding the study that showed religions are bad for societies...

Societies worse off 'when they have God on their side

Which perhaps also explains why you are such a poor logician
    I will check out that link. In the meantime, please stop thinking you have any right to determine what I may or may not be poor at. That kind of garbage really makes me feel less about you....if indeed you give a crap.

I am not in favour of abortion or the death penalty.

But whether abortion is murder, to me it would be a question of whether the feutus had a conscience sufficient to experience anguish. If I had to make a guess I'd say no conscience, within the relevent context, and therefore no murder.

Talking of St. Francis of Assisi, do you not think in this day and age the patron saints St. Isidore of Seville and St. Clare are of more relevence?
    Women that have the children are the defacto conscience for that unborn child from conception to birth and on into its formative years. Ending that string from conception to birth is is acting unconsciously on behalf of the unborn child. After birth if the child is best cared for from another source then that action should be taken for the benefit of the child. Abortion is murder to me because you are taking a potential life that has begun to form.
    "Paddle faster, I hear banjo music"

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011