Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryd_2008 View Post
    I know you guys are having some fun, but we were required to go to ANY place that could have residents, even those living in tents or in their car. Had to ask every business if there was anybody living on the premises. Yes, it is a head count. That's what determines things involving Federal money, Guys.

All of the censuses I worked on were "Special" between the 10 year census which means the towns involved actually paid the Census Bureau to perform them. The reason: Federal Money. This is serious $$$$ in a fast growing area.

Hope nobody got cranky with you. To my knowledge none of the people I worked with in two states and 5 towns from large to small (not real sure how "bull dog" got the info) ever got testy with occupants.
    Thanks for the reply Jerry, I am just a paranoid gun/bible-clinger so I naturally get worried over reports of census over extensions of duty.

Like you said, "just a head count" so no need to worry. Thank you for indulging my foolishness with a reply.

Northwest Arkansas via Chicago Area via Straight Up from There on Lake Superior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Thanks for the reply Jerry, I am just a paranoid gun/bible-clinger ...
    Tool-Slinger, no problem. In fact I grew up with a couple of paranoid gun/(delete the bible part) clingers, but we all came from Michigan. I love guns too but we have some of the most interesting discussions mostly about what the right to bear arms means. Two against one. They usually try to kick my butt. The other favorite topics are religion and politics. Again two against one. Why do I always feel like I'm being picked on? Good thing we go back to 1st or 2nd grade or I would think they don't like me.

Just fill out the damn papers and send them in, geez , what a bunch of wusses

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    Vee haf vays of making you sign zee papers
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    i filled out the dam papers and sent them in and that's when it all headed south can't wait to see what happens this time.i was not the harasser but the harassee from the nice guvmint folks.

I am going to give you all the best advice you will ever get for dealing with any government agency;

"Never give any government agency any information on you that they don't already know unless there is a direct and immediate monetary benefit for you to do so."
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Kletty View Post
    Ill just pay the $100.
    Desto... its ONE big... not OUR. I didnt make the mistake.
    HA HA
    thanks richard,i fixed that

Quote Originally Posted by jerryd_2008 View Post
    Richard, the Census is mandated by the Constitution. Maybe we should pick on Ben Franklin and Tom Jefferson and the rest of those rebels.

Again, I know that you guys are just blowing some steam after a hard day. Those Census workers make small $ and have to knock on strange doors all day - pit bulls, heard of people with guns, some really scary people and places that our female workers frequently handed off to the boss, etc. Right now there are probably a few people who would relish that job for 40 hours/week for maybe 6 months. I know I did it when I had no other income.
    it is required by the constitution for a head count per se, but divulging all of the other info that they want is not.it is not their buisiness how many bed rooms or toilets you have.or what you spend on household expenses. that is whole problem here. i dont think folks care about telling how many live in a house, it is all the other nosy crap that is nobodys business. and by the way,the right to bear arms is just that, the right to bear(carry,show or other wise have on your person). the right to keep means to have in your home or in your posession, to own and have. if you choose not to then that is your right,my right is not to be a victim,to criminals or tyrants,just as the founding fathers INTENDED

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456