Get A Fine For Not Answering The 2010 Census - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    They changed the Census Bureau's name to ACORN. Don't worry....your information is safe.
    Papiere, Bitte.
    "Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better"
    -Pat Riley

Quote Originally Posted by desto1 View Post
    just look at what he and the rest of the criminals,LEFT AND RIGHT has done since january.actions speak louder than words,it is not hard to "know him" and i dont like him or the majority of dems and pubs.this country is ruined and unfortunately we will proably never recover from the what the criminals in d.c have done.and most americans dont care, just as long as folks have a 6 pack of beer and a football game all is well....... right robo
    You are right to call them criminals. They have violated their oath of office. Not to mention the Constitution on several occasions. They have no Constitutional right to bail out corporations with money that belongs to Americans. They have overstepped their authority. But who will prosecute????? When just about all of them are guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by HVAC9900 View Post
    Back to the original thread(not that this other stuff isn't interesting, it is), I see no way they can possibly enforce a fine for not talking to them.Sounds like you will have to fight it though.

There is a private property issue, then to be compelled to give information to someone that is not an active duty police officer( who has to have a legitimate reason to ask), sounds a bit beyond what is legally required of a citizen.
    Fight the US government?? You have to be a multi millionare. The way the justice system is nowadays you only get as much justice as you can afford to pay for.

Northwest Arkansas via Chicago Area via Straight Up from There on Lake Superior
    Quote Originally Posted by windtunnel View Post
    i live out in the middle of the woods far away from everything. last census i get home from work and a plain unmarked car with 2 g-men in suits are parked in front of the house. ...
    In turn, as a census worker with the final mandatory responsibility for contacting the occupant, I did NOT appreciate the several houses with signs "You Are Close Enough to Shoot". And it wasn't in "the middle of the woods" either.

Overall, if people gave us a chance to explain the need, they were quite approachable. The people I really felt sorry for were the older folks and single women who were very fearful of opening the door to even talk (we were told not to enter any homes but to stay at the door - nearly impossible when hospitable Asian Indians were the occupants).

We gave the tough cases to people I'll call "closers". One of the best closers we had in one census was a retired minister. I guess he had the people skills down, hey? Another one of the best closers in another census was a lady I called "bull dog". Don't know what she did but she got her done.

A husband and wife that worked for me volunteered to canvas the homeless camps. Now that was something. Don't think I would have done that. The ones I enjoyed were following up at the sorority houses at the campus. The fraternities were not as much fun and their houses didn't look exactly like the sororities either. Think I'll have my grandson join a sorority if he gets to college.

Quote Originally Posted by jerryd_2008 View Post
    The Census Bureau is specifically forbidden from releasing the information gathered to any enforcement agency. Who would agree to answer questions if they could. Census workers are subject to heavy fines for releasing any information they gather or observe. They are even in a tough position if they observe illegal activities while doing their work other than crimes on the street.

The special Censuses I worked in hired translators for a number of foreign languages in order to collect data.

Remember, the Census data is anonymous and supports things like money for your kids schools, Mom and Dad who are retired, health care, etc.
    Yeah! It was also forbidden to use social security numbers for identification. See how that worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by meoberry View Post
    Yeah! It was also forbidden to use social security numbers for identification. See how that worked out.
    You should refuse to provide SS numbers unless the organization like a bank, employer, investments, etc. is required to report to the Federal Gov. for taxes, Medicare, etc. I worked at a company that wanted to use my SS # as a log on ID to the computer systems. I told them to go to ....

Of course you don't place your SS # on your personal checks any more, right? Many places ask for your SS #. Ask them why they need it and refuse if it seems bogus. Even when doing job applications, I recommend putting "Available upon job offer".

You should refuse to provide SS numbers unless the organization like a bank, employer, investments, etc. is required to report to the Federal Gov. for taxes, Medicare, etc. I worked at a company that wanted to use my SS # as a log on ID to the computer systems. I told them to go to ....

Of course you don't place your SS # on your personal checks any more, right? Many places ask for your SS #. Ask them why they need it and refuse if it seems bogus. Even when doing job applications, I recommend putting "Available upon job offer".
    Still your social security number was never supposed to be used for anything other than employement.

Having done 5 or so special censuses between the 2000 Census and now, the census taker is not allowed to observe what race the person is as in past censuses (before 1990, I think). Obama would have a number of choices that he might make. The person must select from a list of racial descriptions what they consider themselves to be. One very annoying response was that many people can not differentiate, as hard as the census taker tried, between country and ethnicity. Dah! There's only white, black, red, yellow and Pacific Islander (not necessarily the exact description of the choices given).

Had a young lady from a specific South American country who was extremely offended by people trying to describe her as Hispanic. By the way Hispanic is NOT the same as Spanish.
    I reported my race as 'American' in the last census.

BITE ME!

[Uncle Sam, not you jerry]
    Last edited by Tool-Slinger; 06-03-2009 at 10:36 PM. Reason: I am an editior by natrual

In turn, as a census worker with the final mandatory responsibility for contacting the occupant, I did NOT appreciate the several houses with signs " ou Are Close Enough to Shoot". And it wasn't in "the middle of the woods" either.

Overall, if people gave us a chance to explain the need, they were quite approachable. The people I really felt sorry for were the older folks and single women who were very fearful of opening the door to even talk (we were told not to enter any homes but to stay at the door - nearly impossible when hospitable Asian Indians were the occupants).

We gave the tough cases to people I'll call "closers". One of the best closers we had in one census was a retired minister. I guess he had the people skills down, hey? Another one of the best closers in another census was a lady I called "bull dog". Don't know what she did but she got her done.

A husband and wife that worked for me volunteered to canvas the homeless camps. Now that was something. Don't think I would have done that. The ones I enjoyed were following up at the sorority houses at the campus. The fraternities were not as much fun and their houses didn't look exactly like the sororities either. Think I'll have my grandson join a sorority if he gets to college.
    Very interesting jerry. So what if I live at a legal 'construction-site'.

I have no rooms, technically. I cannot get homeowners insurance and I cannot get a home loan. This is acreage. This is a tad like the old game show, " door number ONE!, door number TWO!!, or Door number THREE!!!!".

I have a door. I have a mailing address, same as 911 address. How do I answer such question as the pdf file I loosely linked earlier?

Can I just get a PO box# and avoid the hassle?

Maybe I should run away and join the circus?
    Last edited by Tool-Slinger; 06-03-2009 at 11:27 PM. Reason: I had to go hide my asault weapon.

I plan on filling out a form for each and every one of my personalities.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I plan on filling out a form for each and every one of my personalities.
    LOFL Robo, and when I get my form, guess what? My electricity breaks, water-line breaks, phone goes out, you get the idea,... it is a survey of the highest mis-information possible. Just like last time. Head-count, that is all.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"Ain't nobody got time for that". Corny

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Very interesting jerry. So what if I live at a legal 'construction-site'.
    I know you guys are having some fun, but we were required to go to ANY place that could have residents, even those living in tents or in their car. Had to ask every business if there was anybody living on the premises. Yes, it is a head count. That's what determines things involving Federal money, Guys.

All of the censuses I worked on were "Special" between the 10 year census which means the towns involved actually paid the Census Bureau to perform them. The reason: Federal Money. This is serious $$$$ in a fast growing area.

Hope nobody got cranky with you. To my knowledge none of the people I worked with in two states and 5 towns from large to small (not real sure how "bull dog" got the info) ever got testy with occupants.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Kletty View Post
    What part of "...shall not be infringed" dont you understand?
    Richard, the Census is mandated by the Constitution. Maybe we should pick on Ben Franklin and Tom Jefferson and the rest of those rebels.

Again, I know that you guys are just blowing some steam after a hard day. Those Census workers make small $ and have to knock on strange doors all day - pit bulls, heard of people with guns, some really scary people and places that our female workers frequently handed off to the boss, etc. Right now there are probably a few people who would relish that job for 40 hours/week for maybe 6 months. I know I did it when I had no other income.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast