Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Get A Fine For Not Answering The 2010 Census

I didn't know you could be fined for not answering / giving false answers.

13 USC Sec. 221
    TITLE 13 - CENSUS

CHAPTER 7 - OFFENSES AND PENALTIES

SUBCHAPTER II - OTHER PERSONS

Sec. 221. Refusal or neglect to answer questions; false answers

(a) Whoever, being over eighteen years of age, refuses or willfully neglects, when requested by the Secretary, or by any other authorized officer or employee of the Department of Commerce or bureau or agency thereof acting under the instructions of the Secretary or authorized officer, to answer, to the best of his knowledge, any of the questions on any schedule submitted to him in connection with any census or survey provided for by subchapters I, II, IV, and V of chapter 5 of this title, applying to himself or to the family to which he belongs or is related, or to the farm or farms of which he or his family is the occupant, shall be fined not more than $100.

(b) Whoever, when answering questions described in subsection (a) of this section, and under the conditions or circumstances described in such subsection, willfully gives any answer that is false, shall be fined not more than $500.

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    I didn't know you could be fined for not answering / giving false answers.

13 USC Sec. 221
    TITLE 13 - CENSUS

CHAPTER 7 - OFFENSES AND PENALTIES

SUBCHAPTER II - OTHER PERSONS

Sec. 221. Refusal or neglect to answer questions; false answers

(a) Whoever, being over eighteen years of age, refuses or willfully neglects, when requested by the Secretary, or by any other authorized officer or employee of the Department of Commerce or bureau or agency thereof acting under the instructions of the Secretary or authorized officer, to answer, to the best of his knowledge, any of the questions on any schedule submitted to him in connection with any census or survey provided for by subchapters I, II, IV, and V of chapter 5 of this title, applying to himself or to the family to which he belongs or is related, or to the farm or farms of which he or his family is the occupant, shall be fined not more than $100.

(b) Whoever, when answering questions described in subsection (a) of this section, and under the conditions or circumstances described in such subsection, willfully gives any answer that is false, shall be fined not more than $500.
    Something fishy in the 'census' business. Check out this link, and the pdf file it links to showing the new census form.

http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?f...w&pageId=99337

'''''''While many recipients may consider the questionnaire to be tedious and meddling, the Census Bureau warns that citizens are required by law to complete it and may be fined as much as $5,000 for willfully refusing. While an individual may feel uneasy about answering each question truthfully, the fine for filing false information can be as much as $500. ''''''

I have no explanation as to why our sourced fines do not match.

If I read that correctly, it's $5,000.00 for refusing, and $500.00 for lying. But, I could be wrong. Either way, it just ain't right. Or it could be a misprint. I wonder who would enforce this "law"?

Interesting. I wonder if citizen Barack Hussein Obama will answer truthfully that he is multiracial or if he will continue his lie about being Black? Then there will be that "what religion" are you clause.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Interesting. I wonder if citizen Barack Hussein Obama will answer truthfully that he is multiracial or if he will continue his lie about being Black? Then there will be that "what religion" are you clause.
    Do we know for sure he's even a legal citizen?

Do we know for sure he's even a legal citizen?
    I'm pretty well convinced that that is not something that would not have been proven. The fact about that issue is that the president did comply with every legal requirement to show his citizenship by birth. All the president really did was to refuse to do any more then he had to in order to defend himself against those who did not accept the legal compliances.

That little move may have been legit, but it further showed what an elitist our president is in the fact that he does not need to answer to the American people.

I just don't like the guy, period.

I just don't like the guy, period.
    I don't know him enough to not like him. I don't trust him though.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I don't know him enough to not like him. I don't trust him though.
    I stand corrected. You're right.

They used to just come to your door and ask you how many lived in the household. Isn't that enough?
    I say, let the lazy #$@ks from the government just look up facebook accounts, if they want to be nosy.
    "Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better"
    -Pat Riley

Quote Originally Posted by whec720 View Post
    They used to just come to your door and ask you how many lived in the household. Isn't that enough?
    I say, let the lazy #$@ks from the government just look up facebook accounts, if they want to be nosy.
    I think our government has gone beyond 'counting'. They are 'categorizing' us now.

'They' are not 'us', and they will come after us someday.

We don't know "they're" not doing that as we speak.

Who do you think runs Face Book and what it stands for?

Federal Agency for Collecting E-info Book.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast