Post Likes

2 stage variable speed worth it?

I am wondering if the additional cost of a 2 stage variable speed furnace (vs 2 stage furnace) is worth it. Opinions? Not sure what factors may have any bearing, but if it matters I live in the Denver area and am planning on staying in this house for 10+ yrs.

Post Likes
    Yes get the variable speed, better dehumidification too.

Post Likes

2 stage variable speed

Quote Originally Posted by jddaly View Post
    I am wondering if the additional cost of a 2 stage variable speed furnace (vs 2 stage furnace) is worth it. Opinions? Not sure what factors may have any bearing, but if it matters I live in the Denver area and am planning on staying in this house for 10+ yrs.
    My customers love these furnaces due to the barely noticable starting when there is a call for heat( they slowly come up to full speed). Their old furnaces would blast on then shut off. Variable speed with a two stage valve is a smart move.
    Last edited by ACFIXR; 05-28-2009 at 10:54 PM. Reason: spelling
    “whenever an air conditioner starts up, it is very inefficient. Once you have it running, you want it to keep it running as long as you can.”
    John Proctor

"Christ is the Son of God Who died for the redemption of sinners and was resurrected after three days. This is the greatest truth in the universe. I die because of my belief in Christ."
    Watchman Nee

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    A great two stage is worth it in comfort alone,saving are a plus.

Use the search function on this site,Carrier Infinity,to see what other homeowners think of that two stage.