heatcraft clearance reduction

Any one ever get a letter from heatcraft saying that it would be OK to face the coil on a condenser 18'' from the wall instead of the width of the unit 38'' from the wall. I just cant fit it that far from the wall. thanks.
    B

I dont know I have worked on one that was 12" from the wall was working fine. width was about 38"

Personally, I think Heatcraft's condensing unit spacing requirements are way too conservative.....and unrealistic. That's a lot of real estate for a little unit.

Are you having an "issue" with an architect or inspector over this and need a letter saying less spacing is OK?

Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    Personally, I think Heatcraft's condensing unit spacing requirements are way too conservative.....and unrealistic. That's a lot of real estate for a little unit.

Are you having an "issue" with an architect or inspector over this and need a letter saying less spacing is OK?
    Yes I was needing a letter from heatcraft for a city inspector. I got one from heatcraft for 18''. They gave it to me because I was elevating the units on racks and there would be airflow from below. Can you pull some strings next time Ice?
    B