Confused Conpressor replaced, but running HOT

HI, I just replaced the compressor on a true the wall Friedrich EM 24L35-A. It comes with the filter and pulled vacuum charge it per spec but LS is very low
    LS-25psi HS-210psi. Recovered the second time pull vacuum again and still the same. Compressor is running very hot can't even touch it. Amp rating is 9.5 A but it only pulls 6 Amp. Ofcourse the evaporator is freezing. Could it be cloged?

need help

anyone that can give some pointers? I'll try anything at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Technical Gene View Post
    anyone that can give some pointers? I'll try anything at this point
    Trouble shooting a refrigeration system's refrigerant side circuit always starts with liquid pressure and temperature. An expansion devices capacity is dependent on firstly the pressure of the liquid upstream and then also the assumption that the liquid is vapour free.

So, get your feet set firmly in the starting blocks, that is to recover refrigerant until your saturated discharge temperature is down to design between 104F and 113F. Then check that the liquid line temperature ahead of the expansion device is in the region of 5.4F below saturated - more if it is an expansion valve system. If at this subcool reading you head pressure is too far below the 104F saturated then partially block the top section of the condenser with a towel until you achieve a steady 104F.

Now tell us the saturated suction an suction superheat with compressor amps and volts.

Quote Originally Posted by Technical Gene View Post
    HI, I just replaced the compressor on a true the wall Friedrich EM 24L35-A. It comes with the filter and pulled vacuum charge it per spec but LS is very low
    LS-25psi HS-210psi. Recovered the second time pull vacuum again and still the same. Compressor is running very hot can't even touch it. Amp rating is 9.5 A but it only pulls 6 Amp. Ofcourse the evaporator is freezing. Could it be cloged?
    Sounds like you're now finding out why the old compressor died.

Look for a restriction in the system.
    • Electricity makes refrigeration happen.
    • Refrigeration makes the HVAC psychrometric process happen.
    • HVAC pyschrometrics is what makes indoor human comfort happen...IF the ducts AND the building envelope cooperate.

A building is NOT beautiful unless it is also comfortable.