Is This The Stimulus Working?

Down in the boot heal of New Mexico is a town on the Mexican border called Antelope Wells. The town is a port of entry.
    The port is getting a 15.62 million dollar renovation

Only problem is the port averages 15 cars and 4 buses a day. That's it.
    Where could a tiny facility sink those bucks?

I'm going to check out the chili there one day.
    "What Fools these mortals be"....Puck

What? Government isn't spending money wisely?

Say it isn't so!

Typical I'm afraid. Yes, the stimulus spending may have a temporary positive effect on the economy. But I'm very concerned about the long-term repercussions of expanding an already outrageous debt.

Odds are if you check into the money given to this port, you'll find some political payola involved. Sucks, but that's how our government seems to do things these days.

Ever hear of show pipe?
    If you have ever had a decent size job with alot of piping on it.
    There is always some dude who gets there before you who runs all the straight easy pipe. Like a two hundred feet or so. The shop sends you out to finish it and is told there is only 50 feet or so to go.
    Problem is there are 4 walls 20 nintys and 6 45's left to go, all the hard time consuming work.And you get *****ed at.
    Obama is nothing but show pipe. Again, we need people like him to reaffirm we are indeed the only ones who know what is really going on.
    less than 4 years folks, and the the real work starts .
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by zachhvac View Post
    Ever hear of show pipe?
    If you have ever had a decent size job with alot of piping on it.
    There is always some dude who gets there before you who runs all the straight easy pipe. Like a two hundred feet or so. The shop sends you out to finish it and is told there is only 50 feet or so to go.
    Problem is there are 4 walls 20 nintys and 6 45's left to go, all the hard time consuming work.And you get *****ed at.
    Obama is nothing but show pipe. Again, we need people like him to reaffirm we are indeed the only ones who know what is really going on.
    less than 4 years folks, and the the real work starts .
    I love that analogy!!

Very true.

I hate saying but I have been like a lot setting back just telling everyone ......... this guy is an IDIOT

No one I know that voted for him wants to admit that they had their heads way up their asssssss ........ well you know , DRANK THE KOOL-AIDE.

Day by day its just another ......... OH now what. YEP day by day thy just show how they never had a clue what they were doing and what they said was being done wrong ...... they realize now, they don't know what to do either.

This stimulous is pay back ........ plain an simple.
    Don't go along ....... your a racist or against minorities.

That song and dance along with blaming everything On George BUSH is starting to get stale with everyone and in all honesty everyone is starting to realize both parties are so corrupt that we need to throw them all out.

I can see around here where their starting to play with the figures as far as AVERAGE HOUSE COST.

Their claiming that its way higher then it really is , so people will think they are getting a good deal with whats on the market , when in reality they are still way over priced.

The city is also most likely in on it too being if you say the average house is over $300,000, when it comes to contesting your property tax statement ....... a lot of people won't being if it shows it lower then WHAT THEY SAY IS AVERAGE you might be afraid they will raise it if you contest it.

Just like a lot of cties saying they will hold back raising property taxes ........ what the hell, I want mine lowered

Hate to say but were not even in this any type of recovery mode yet ......... You can't do that by artifically holding up something that going down.

Their just mixing up massive batches of KOOL-AIDE and passing it out to everyone wether they want it or not.

HERE TAKE THIS ......... oh by the way , we own you now.

Hold on ..... commercial collapse is coming

Just look at GE ....... now their is a company that is so courrupt it will let the country fail under the idea of GREEN ENERGY and CARBON CREDITS.

Who knows ........ maybe thats who supplies Obama's teleprompters.

ya think he is reading subliminal messages by GE ........ YOU ARE A GOD , YOU ARE A GOD, LIE, LIE , LIE

Dec, I agree with a lot of what you say.
    This stimulus package is a joke.
    No mater how you slice it, it stinks.
    The dems hollered for 8 years that GW was spending us into oblivion, and NOW???
    BO has left the UAW blowing in the wind.
    If the blacks don't watch their backs, wake up to who is TRULY trying to help them, the hispanics will overtake their cause and surpass their adjenda.
    As for the gays and lesbians, they are just confused and have brainwashed the dems to follow their adjenda.
    We are TRULY in deep doo doo and the dems just REFUSE to see what is happening.

Chris
    Those who dance, appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
    Those who believe, appear ignorant to those who do not know God.

all i can do is sigh* when i think about the OP.
    "The things you own end up owning you. "

Tyler Durden

times are good , times are bad, the government always has money to burn

Quote Originally Posted by pa2jonah View Post
    I love that analogy!!
    Thank you.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.