Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The company I work for has had great success with the Mitsubishi system including tech support out of Atlanta. We have had there tech support people just show up at our office wanting to spend a day looking at out jobs. The over the phone tech support is fast usually within a half hour or less.
    If you decide to go with Mitsubishi go with a Diamond dealer and designer it will give you a additional 5 year warranty.
    We have bid a job to replace a Diakin that has only been in 4 years at a college due to control issues and difficulty getting parts in our area.

Love my high velocity system. No stratification.
    Which makes more sense to you?
    CONSERVATION - turning your thermostat back and being uncomfortable. Maybe saving 5-10%
    ENERGY EFFICIENCY - leaving your thermostat where everyone is comfortable. Saving 30-70%

DO THE NUMBERS! Step on a HOMESCALE.
    What is comfort? Well, it AIN'T just TEMPERATURE!

Energy Obese? An audit is the next step - go to BPI.org, or RESNET, and find an auditor near you.

Quote Originally Posted by zzonko View Post
    HVAC as an afterthought? Good luck
    Exactly! Comfort comes first for creatures of habit like Humans!

We work with a builder who likes to use the Truss type joist, however he makes sure the duct space is lined up (when the joists are set) and we are there to slide the ductwork through the space BEFORE the other mechanical folks start. Otherwise it'll be a real crap shoot, and I really wish you luck with it! And I don't envy your HVAC contractor at this stage of the project. I wish you the best of luck!!

on the hi velocity systems, unico has an air handler with an advanced blower module, not variable speed but steps up. can be used with two stage.

utilizes a 9 inch supply trunk on 3 and half ton and down. 4 ton like to see 10 inch for at least 30 percent of main trunk. round duct.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12