Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    dont think they can...but i could be wrong..

The Republican's can filibuster but as O'reilly pointed out it would be a most foolish and futile endeavor. If they oppose this woman the end result is she will be confirmed and they will lose Hispanic support which they otherwise may be able to gain.

If the Republicans allow her to go in unscathed they can still woo Hispanic in 2010 and 2012, the Hispanic community is by and large conservative in nature. All in all this was a very wise move for Obama and at best a draw for the Republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by forged alloy View Post
    It was a historic pick
    This seemed to be the most important reason for her being picked. Our president is more of a glory hound as president then he was as a nobody, do nothing Senator.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

He is just doing his usual pandering to one group or another. I also cannot stand to listen to him speak. I feel like he's laughing at me while he tries to make himself look so damn smart. The man knows nothing of what he speaks.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

sotomayor and janet are the same, anti gun, anti constitution and anti american. that is why your good friend barack hussein obama, the tyrant from kenya and anti american in chief has nominated her. folks need to get past this left/right paradigm crap and take our government back. of the people,by the people for the people, not of the bankers,by the bankers for the bankers. you can lump special interests and big buisiness in there to.

DOWN WITH ALL THE TYRANNICAL CRIMINALS, RESTORE THE CONSTITUTION
    AND THE REPUBLIC

Quote Originally Posted by
    [COLOR="Blue"
    [I]...I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experience would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn't lived that life.
    That statement gives me the impression that she might tend to be prejudiced toward Latinos in court(?)
    It's a mechanical device, designed by humans, built by humans and operated by humans. What could possibly go wrong?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12