Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fujitsu vs. Mitsubishi ductless air conditioning

Hey guys,

My names Marc and I'm looking into installing ductless air conditioning systems for the 2nd and 3rd floors of my home. I've had multiple installation contractors (they sell and install the unit's/compressors) come in and give me price quotes, makes and models and btu sizes they want to install, but I'm not sure which is the best.

Basically, it boils down to either having Fujitsu or Mitsubishi units and a compressor installed. I've heard of Mitsubishi as I'm sure most people have and am well aware of their quality in appliances such as TV's, but not sure if that quality carries over to their air conditioning units. Fujitsu I have never heard of (are they Japanese, Chinese or Korean company?), but if their reputation is good in regards to their air conditioning units and people can attest to them then I won't have issue with using them either. I have the option of using either a 9,000, 12,000 or 15,000 btu unit on either floor, and that selection would be hard to get advice on as you'd have to see the rooms obviously, but the pricing for a Mitsubishi 9,000 btu unit vs. a Fujitsu 9,000 btu unit was quoted as the same and that is also true for the 12,000 and 15,000 btu units, so it really boils down to which brand I want to go with. I read your rules regarding quotes and pricing so I did my best to avoid that.

So, Fujitsu or Mitsubishi and why?

I appreciate the help, please let me know if you need any more information
    Marc

Mitsu for the 20 year track record of support for the product.
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

6 one way 12 dozen the other..

fujitsu is typically less expensive.. mitsu you pay for branding.

both good units.. the real question is which contractor do you have faith in?

Quote Originally Posted by snugglepuppy666 View Post
    the real question is which contractor do you have faith in?
    I have no prior experience or knowledge of either of them. Is there a site where you can read reviews on contractors?

things to consider

Well, depending on what model Fujitsu has a higher seer rating (26) mitsu (22) and also has a plasma filter (good for people who have allergies/pets. I haven't had any major problems with installing fujitsu but I have had to replace compressors from Mitsubishi's that have died in 3 years, but ofcourse warranty covers the cost of the compressor. Only difference in warranty is that Fujitsu has 2 year parts, and mitsu has 1 year parts warranty. Both have 6 year compressor warranty.
    Personally, if money wasn't a factor, I would install Daikins new Quaternity line of mini-splits. They are niiiice, you have full humidity control with them, which is a huuuge plus here in Hawaii and I'm sure other places that humidity is a problem.

HAve not had any issues with either, both have been reliable for us, Fujitsu has had some better training locally, but all in all, I would be happy with either brand. BTW Fujitsu is a Japanese company, manufactured in Korea.
    You can't fix stupid

I've had my Mitsubishi in service for 5 weeks now and could not be happier. The only thing I don't care for is the noise of the condensate pump but it was the only choice given the install location.

Quote Originally Posted by bm17601 View Post
    I've had my Mitsubishi in service for 5 weeks now and could not be happier. The only thing I don't care for is the noise of the condensate pump but it was the only choice given the install location.
    is it a sauurman or aspen?

fits in the back of the unit, lineset cover, or ceiling?

Not sure of the brand but it is located in the lineset cover.

Have not had any issues with either of those 410a minisplits, but that is because they were installed correctly. See if someone you know has a recommendation based on a good experience check the bbb for complaints as well.
    Global Warming or: None like it hot
    No pleasure, no rapture, no exquisite sin greater... than central air. -Dogma

Quote Originally Posted by snugglepuppy666 View Post
    is it a sauurman or aspen?

fits in the back of the unit, lineset cover, or ceiling?
    I absolutely loathe the sauermann pumps. They finally got smart and made a decent wiring plug connection to the pump, but they are still junky IMO. A counter guy at a supply house recently turned me onto those aspen pumps. They are only about $10-15 more. I especially like the one that fits in the line-hide ell with the inclusive float switch. It is a slick little number.

The Aspens make a helluva racket if they get air in them, but both pumps make about the same amount of noise.

So really there's no benefit to taking a Fujitsu over a Mitsubishi and vice versa. Is there any reason to choose one over the other?

Quote Originally Posted by coolwater View Post
    So really there's no benefit to taking a Fujitsu over a Mitsubishi and vice versa. Is there any reason to choose one over the other?

nope

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast