Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Infinity series

I used an average gas price of $1.39 per therm. And 877 therms for heat.

If you go with an 80% furnace and heat pump.
    With the same winter conditions and prices as you had last year, you would save roughly $117.00 over last year.
    If you go with a 95% furnace and heat pump.
    With the same winter conditions and prices as you had last year, you would save roughly $185.00 over last year.

Your in a good climate area for heat pumps.

PS: I think you messed up your price per therm for April.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    I used an average gas price of $1.39 per therm. And 877 therms for heat.

If you go with an 80% furnace and heat pump.
    With the same winter conditions and prices as you had last year, you would save roughly $117.00 over last year.
    If you go with a 95% furnace and heat pump.
    With the same winter conditions and prices as you had last year, you would save roughly $185.00 over last year.

Your in a good climate area for heat pumps.

PS: I think you messed up your price per therm for April.

Thanks, this has really been helpful.

Who do I make the check out to and where do I send it?

That will be $XXX.xx thak you.
    Contractor locator map

It will be worse later this year.
    Why? NG futures are currently trading below $4 and that is pretty low historically..

Currently, oil is in excess. For sometime now.

More then 1.45 billion barrels are in storage on land, and close to anoher billion is in storage on ships and float storage systems.
    Look at the price oil is trading for.

Gas will come up in price. As demand for it increases slowly.
    This is suppose to be a cold winter coming. If that happens. Gas(natural gas) will increase in price.
    Contractor locator map

Currently, oil is in excess. For sometime now.

More then 1.45 billion barrels are in storage on land, and close to anoher billion is in storage on ships and float storage systems.
    Look at the price oil is trading for.

Gas will come up in price. As demand for it increases slowly.
    This is suppose to be a cold winter coming. If that happens. Gas(natural gas) will increase in price.

First of all, I would like to know where you getting your numbers, secondly oil trading prices are pure fiction and virtual reality . Those prices have nothing to do with underlying oil economic fundamentals / demand and if you are making your predictions based on Wall Street speculative trading patterns , I would strongly advise you to come up with better and definitely more objective criteria.

The figures were from a report last week, or the week before.
    When oil started coming up. And they brought up the oil production cuts. And why oil is not dropping.
    And said that we/the world is cutting its consumption more then the production cuts.

But it doesn't matter. Futures traders are still speculating that oil consumption will increase.
    So the cost is going up.
    Contractor locator map

But it doesn't matter. Futures traders are still speculating that oil consumption will increase.
    So the cost is going up.
    What do you mean.." it doesn't matter'.. It does matter. Whatever those thieves objectives and motives are affecting our wallets. Do you understand that there is a huge difference between the actual cost of energy unit and a speculative trading on NY Mercantile exchange???

Quote Originally Posted by energy_freak View Post
    What do you mean.." it doesn't matter'.. It does matter. Whatever those thieves objectives and motives are affecting our wallets. Do you understand that there is a huge difference between the actual cost of energy unit and a speculative trading on NY Mercantile exchange???
    It doesn't matter. because your not going to stop futures traders from speculating.
    The government is doingmore to monitor teh auto makers, and financial/investment companies then to hold energy cost in check.

Do you realize that low energy cost is a bad thing.
    Contractor locator map

It doesn't matter because your not going to stop futures traders from speculating. .
    As I said before, it does matter I am not even sure how to respond to you as it appears that you do not understand that the energy futures market should have nothing to do with the actual spot market energy cost.

The government is doing more to monitor the auto makers, and financial/investment companies then to hold energy cost in check.
    I guess they (auto makers) are “prospering” now because of high current energy prices, right?? I am sure that was the reason why GM sold their Hummer division to China!!

Do you even realize that “..financial/investment companies..” like Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley are deriving most of their profits building Ponzi schemes in various financial instruments (energy, metals, mortgage securities, etc..) trading currently on world markets.

Do you realize that low energy cost is a bad thing.
    I beg your pardon?? Are you serious?? I only wonder how many people here think like you.

Low energy cost. Don't do anything to promote advancements in energy technology.

Futurers trading is directly responcible for current energy cost. While those states/areas that are not deregulated can't raise their price until they incurr a cost increase.
    Thos that are not regulated, can and do adjust their current cost by what it will cost them to replace the resouse they used to generate electric.
    Or replace the gas that they sold.

The Hummer division was sold off, because it doesn't turn a profit. That is capable of supporting GM.

If NG sold for 15 cents a therm, and oil sold for 20 cents a therm, and everybodies electic rate was 3 cents a KWH.

Their would be no one trying to come up with better, or more efficienct equipment.
    Or methods to generate power.

Low energy cost. Would cripple technology advancement.

Hopefully. Few people think like you. And wnat to go back to energy guzzling equipment.
    Contractor locator map

Low energy cost. Don't do anything to promote advancements in energy technology.
    Really??!! So all scientific and technological developments in photovoltaic, nuclear physics, wind energy, real geothermal (take Iceland, for instance) and numerous other disciplines were driven by high energy prices??!! Wow!!

Beenthere, your opinions and conclusions are based on tabloids and media clichés and if you can't think outside of the box there is nothing we can agree on.

Your other explanations and reasoning are as flawed as the one above and it would be pointless on my part to come up with any kind of arguments. Moreover you have no idea about energy futures market, their correlation to "real" energy demand and prices and their role in current economical meltdown.

Quote Originally Posted by energy_freak View Post
    Really??!! So all scientific and technological developments in photovoltaic, nuclear physics, wind energy, real geothermal (take Iceland, for instance) and numerous other disciplines were driven by high energy prices??!! Wow!!
    You don't think Iceland's geothermo was driven because they have cheap fuel and a cheap way to get it do you.

You keep living in your fantasy world that low cost energy will save energy.

Geo thermo energy is persued becaue its suppose to be cheap and clean.

If it wasn't cheaper then using oil, coal, or natural gas. It wouldn't be pursued. Other then an experiement by a couple organizations.
    Contractor locator map

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast