Seeking advice on Two-stage furnance

I was reading on the Goodman web site that their 95 percent efficient furnaces are two-stage, which is a feature that I seek, but that they are accompanied with a one-stage thermostat. I thought that this seemed odd, given that many other brands mandate that you use a two-stage stat which using their two-stage furnace. Can anyone tell me why the Goodman product requires only a one-stage stat? Is it something to do with internal timing and not really the stat reading the raise/fallin temperature? Thanks a lot.

Goodman uses a timer on the 2nd stage. Not sure , but it may be set to kick in about 12 minutes after it fires up. I dont think there is an option.
    I'll be there when I get there and not a minute later

Goodman Stages?

The "dip" switch can be set on 1 stage, or 2 stages, and then the 2nd stage can be either operated on a timer, or memory setting based on length of prior heat response. The heating speed of the blower will also change when going from low stage to high stage and then as the furnace cools down, it will shift back to lower heating speed. I actually have one of these units in my home, and set on two stage automatic. Works great!!

That is their GMH model, look at the GMV for true 2 stage.

Quote Originally Posted by siggy View Post
    I was reading on the Goodman web site that their 95 percent efficient furnaces are two-stage, which is a feature that I seek, but that they are accompanied with a one-stage thermostat. I thought that this seemed odd, given that many other brands mandate that you use a two-stage stat which using their two-stage furnace. Can anyone tell me why the Goodman product requires only a one-stage stat? Is it something to do with internal timing and not really the stat reading the raise/fallin temperature? Thanks a lot.