Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ultrasite?

ultrasite?

i know we have guys out there with ultrasite and vista but is the processor a 32 bit or 64 i know that ultrasite is 32 bit but is there a 64 bit patch file one can download to run ultrasite on a 64 bit vista p.c
    Mastic its whats for dinner!

Not that I am aware of.

According to my local Emerson/CPC rep, CPC doesn't support operating Ultrasite on Vista at all.

Of course, then he told me that he was running US on a vista machine.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Not that I am aware of.

According to my local Emerson/CPC rep, CPC doesn't support operating Ultrasite on Vista at all.

Of course, then he told me that he was running US on a vista machine.
    man that sucks cause 80% of the p.c's that are coming out is all 64 bit my buddy just got his and forgot that ultrasite is 32 bit so now he's dead in the water am so surprised that emerson hasnt stayed up to date on this

and with windows coming out with win 7 in the fall that at least gives you an option with either 32 or 64

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Windows 7 is in Beta. He could try that.
    seven is out in both 32-64 beta and i have a friend that is running 7 with 32 bit with ultrasite so he says and he's not having any issues

talking about ultrasite looks like they updated their firmware and ultrasite 32 to v.4.70
    http://www.emersonretailsolutions.com/

Quote Originally Posted by gatorfan9606 View Post
    i know we have guys out there with ultrasite and vista but is the processor a 32 bit or 64 i know that ultrasite is 32 bit but is there a 64 bit patch file one can download to run ultrasite on a 64 bit vista p.c
    Welcome to my screw up, too. MSpanky, I believe, posted a while back that you can run another OS in 'virtual mode', or something like that, and that would work. I haven't followed up on it, but looks like I'll have too.

Quote Originally Posted by smilies View Post
    Welcome to my screw up, too. MSpanky, I believe, posted a while back that you can run another OS in 'virtual mode', or something like that, and that would work. I haven't followed up on it, but looks like I'll have too.
    i havent heard of virtual mode what is that can clarify

virtual mode displays on your laptop as if your were standing at pc. The key strokes are the same as if you were at the cpu. As you know ultrasite looks completley different than the actual screens. I don't know why it would work in 64 bit as opposed to the normal 32 because you have to be connected on 32 bit to display that mode.

I dont know about 64 bit. but on 32 bit you can go to properties then compatability and set it to run xp servicepack 2. Set to run as administrator and it should run trouble free. I use this for most compatability issues.

Virtual pc is a free program from microsoft. However you will need a new copy of xp. (about $100).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast