Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    I have used YJ manifolds exclusively.

The 3 hose, 2 valve garden variety manifold is good for starters.

I recently picked up a Brute 2. I am slowly warming up to it. It won't replace my customized YJ set, but it's nice...
    yes, plain old yellow jackets.... think it is the series 41 manifold.

They will last forever....but when they do tear up....you can get the parts to repair them...or do as most folks and replace them....lol

digi-cools on a titan four valve

i didn't know anyone else made gauges lol

i like some of the imperials, and i love my Y/J liquid filled... i haven't had the problems with them leaking like everyone else post's about. but then again, i don't beat my tools up for a living, i take good care of them
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    digi-cools on a titan four valve

i didn't know anyone else made gauges lol

i like some of the imperials, and i love my Y/J liquid filled... i haven't had the problems with them leaking like everyone else post's about. but then again, i don't beat my tools up for a living, i take good care of them
    They will not take the ambient temperature swings from-30 to 90 plus that we get here. If you leave them in a 70 degree room and don't use them then I agree they have a much better chance at not leaking. I guess it has something to do with the fact that they are made in Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeferman View Post
    They will not take the ambient temperature swings from-30 to 90 plus that we get here. If you leave them in a 70 degree room and don't use them then I agree they have a much better chance at not leaking. I guess it has something to do with the fact that they are made in Africa.
    Your talking about the Liquid Filled Gauges I am assuming

The DigiCool does great in that environment
    If you help others then you are a Success

i would never recommend digi-cools for a first gauge set. I was taught how to trouble shoot with the bear minimum. Simple guages and a few stick thermometers. That way you are forced to go threw each process of gathering information..watching/listening to how the system is working. Plus if the digi's battery ever runs out u have experience with simple tools to back you up.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowirenut View Post
    i would never recommend digi-cools for a first gauge set. I was taught how to trouble shoot with the bear minimum. Simple guages and a few stick thermometers. That way you are forced to go threw each process of gathering information..watching/listening to how the system is working. Plus if the digi's battery ever runs out u have experience with simple tools to back you up.
    I don't use mine enough to justify Digital (but I still want one). I agree with YWN about keeping it basic. I still have my 2nd Robinair 2 valve that is dedicated to burn-outs (been rebuilt 3 times, 1st one got borrowed by somebody) and an Ideal 4 valve (only thing available on a saturday a couple of years ago) I like it and have had no problems.

The whole battery idea has been on other threads. I have a bunch of "Electronic Tools" but I still carry and frequently use Non-electronics Like a magnehelic, Amprobe RS-3 Ultra and pocket thermometers. My PDA is a (paper) pocket calendar and I Backup data onto CD-R's. If I drop my flash drive and a CD-R into a bucket of water (by mistake) which one still functions when I pull it out and dry it off. I have Never had a battery die on my Manifold Gauge set or a magnehelic. I may have "Old School" tools but there is something to be said for reliability without electricity/batteries ! JMO

But..... I do love those Cool Electronic Tools
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !

All opinions expressed are my own. Any advice provided is based on personal experience, generally accepted fact or publicly available information. As such, it is worth exactly what you paid for it, not a penny more not a penny less !!

i have a titan and i love it also. i have a cheaper YJ manifold also. one setup with 22, 410, and 404 then the other has 22, 134, and 404. if i remember right my titan was 150 w/hoses.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123