Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Rookie Looking for a good gauge.Help would be Great!

I am just getting into the field and i am enjoying it. I am shopping around for a good manifold gauge that would carry the typical refrigerants such as r 22 r12 r134a etc.

any ideas will help thank you

I have used YJ manifolds exclusively.

The 3 hose, 2 valve garden variety manifold is good for starters.

I recently picked up a Brute 2. I am slowly warming up to it. It won't replace my customized YJ set, but it's nice...

Also remember, that manifold is the cornerstone of your tool kit. You can use a cheap wrench, but a cheap manifold will LIE to you.

Don't go cheap. Buy the best that you can possibly afford.

i totally agree with you on not going cheap on a gauge. i was thinking to spend around 100 bucks i should get something decent for that i am assuming i just got to shop around. and i appriciate your help

Go ahead and save up for the Titan by Yellow Jacket.
    You can't go wrong imo.
    I own 2.

I wish I started with them.

I agree with everybody about getting a good manifold as well as good hoses
    if you expect to stay in the trade for a while I would just bite the bullet and go digital well on second thought go analog first and then go digital so you can really appreciate the digital. Once you go digi you will never go back they are phenomenal go with the digi-cool they are the best in my opinion

It may seem like a big investment but it will pay its self off time and time again
    What cant be done correctly shouldn't be done at all

O ya and if you need a tool bag for all your new gadgets get the VETO PROPAC LC best tool bag I have ever owned and I have owned still own a lot
    What cant be done correctly shouldn't be done at all

If I wanted to check my central air system charge without removing the refrigerent I was just need the gauge a p/t chart and a thermometer is that correct? And can someone fill me in on some information that is commonly mistaken or advice on the best method.I have a good idea how to do this but I just want to hear others as well..thanks you

Quote Originally Posted by SixInOne View Post
    If I wanted to check my central air system charge without removing the refrigerent I was just need the gauge a p/t chart and a thermometer is that correct? And can someone fill me in on some information that is commonly mistaken or advice on the best method.I have a good idea how to do this but I just want to hear others as well..thanks you
    DO YOU HAVE YOUR CARD (EPA 608) Min level II???

If not then you need to get it.
    If you help others then you are a Success

And if you have your card I, have the Titan, Implail 2 vavle, JB 2 vavle and a Beta Staker.

If you want a good starter set Mainifold with Gauges and Hoses IMO You'll need more the Max of $100.
    If you help others then you are a Success

No I don't but I am in school right now I have a good feeling how it works I just want to keep busy I do see a frost build up on my suction line which is a symptom of an undercharged machine so if anyone could help me that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by SixInOne View Post
    No I don't but I am in school right now I have a good feeling how it works I just want to keep busy I do see a frost build up on my suction line which is a symptom of an undercharged machine so if anyone could help me that would be great.
    A over charged system can frost a suction line. Your feeling, is just that a feeling. Leave to it some one else, until it's not a feeling anymore.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast