Westinghouse Heat Pump

A friend of mine received a quote for a Westinghouse Heat Pump/Furnace and wants to make sure it qualifies for the tax credit. The installer said it did and he seems very comfortable with the installer. Is there anyone that can double check to confirm that this system will qualify?

Heat Pump FT4BE-30 2.5 ton
    Coil C6BH-X30C-B 2.5 ton Coil (I think it's 2.5 tons)
    Furnace FG7TC-060-BB 95% efficiency

Thanks,

Ryles

He'd also appreciate any comments on the Westinghouse brand.

Ryles,

If the furnace is 95% AFUE, it doesn't matter if the heat pump qualifies for the tax credit. The 95% AFUE rating already meets one of the requirements, so the system qualifies. And the heat pump would have also qualified with impressive results for the EER: 14.2 EER, 15 SEER, 8.5 HSPF.

Westinghouse I do not know much about, but I believe it to be good equipment with a great warranty from what I've read. Your friend already accomplished the most important task: finding a dealer with whom he's comfortable.

We've been using those systems lately because of the efficiency. So far so good. Only issues have been leaking service valves on the heat pump but you'll find problems with everything these days. Suggest your friend ask the dealer about extended labor warranty to match the 10 year parts warranty. I have the downflow version of that furnace and the FT4BD heat pump, I was a couple months early before the tax credit was announced.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    I have the downflow version of that furnace and the FT4BD heat pump, I was a couple months early before the tax credit was announced.
    Nothing that a little "white-out" can't fix on the invoice

gary g, would you really

Quote Originally Posted by jeepsterman View Post
    gary g, would you really
    You don't have to submit proof that your system qualifies when you file your taxes. You only need the proof if you're audited by the IRS.

BL's system qualifies. He just needs a date "adjustment".