Camping Recipes

Thread: Camping Recipes

Camping Recipes

So how bout em with the summer flying up on us whats your favorite recipes for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner whatever and I mean actual food not just beer and whisky
    Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.
    Jerry Garcia

Camp Taters

Clean and cube potatoes (leave skin on) place in foil, add real butter, whole onion sliced, salt and pepper, minced garlic to taste. Wrap tightly in foil and throw in embers until done. (approximately 15-25 minutes)

First you have to define what you mean by "Camp Cooking"

To me camp cooking means cooking while I am at camp. I have a nice cabin up on the mountain. I can cook outside on the gas grille or open fire. Or inside I have a 22" gas range with oven, wood stove(stews and long slow cooking) and a pellet stove which is great for keeping things warm.

On the open fire: Corn on the cob. Break off the stem. Remove the silk and outer leafs. Leave the inter leafs on. Soak in water for 15 mins. Wrap them up in aluminum foil and place them in the embers for 20mins or until tender when poked with a folk.

Quote Originally Posted by Senior Tech View Post
    Clean and cube potatoes (leave skin on) place in foil, add real butter, whole onion sliced, salt and pepper, minced garlic to taste. Wrap tightly in foil and throw in embers until done. (approximately 15-25 minutes)
    I do a version of that except I put in cubes of Velveeta cheese also. I'll have to add the garlic next time. Good idea.

Trust me he needs the heat stoves all summer at his camp. You can still have snowball fights on the 4th of July.

And he stole my favorite open fire reciepe, If you have never done corn like this it is a must.
    They be bad to me, I be bad to them!!!!!

Diving, the other way to keep cool in Florida.

This sounds excellent, how about Rainbow Trout wrapped in foil butter, garlic salt, pepper and a twist of lemon. Wrap tight toss in next to the potatoes and corn.

Benncool will have to cut a hole in the ice to catch his trout though.

Quote Originally Posted by benncool View Post
    I do a version of that except I put in cubes of Velveeta cheese also. I'll have to add the garlic next time. Good idea.
    Hmmmm...cheesy camp potatoes, I like it!