+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cooling Tower/Chiller School's

Post Likes

Cooling Tower/Chiller School's

I am cross posting this here and in the commercial section in hopes of getting the best response. This is what I am looking for: I am looking for a good Cooling Tower/Chiller School's. I am looking for something that has a good overview and indepth. That is based more on the mainitence side and some on the installtion of the units. Anywhere in the country is ok. Thanks

Post Likes
    I would be interested in finding this out too, mainly in the NJ/Tri-state area.

Wish I could help Madhvactech.

Post Likes

Supply of Cooling Towers

Dear Sir,
    Last edited by beenthere; 08-22-2009 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Removed advertisement

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cooling towers View Post
    Dear Sir,
    Oooooh! I'm going to order a new tower from India right away!....NOT!big2

Sorry mate, but the best chillers and cooling towers are still...

MADE IN THE USA!
    Last edited by beenthere; 08-22-2009 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Removed advertisement from quote
    Low Pressure Forever!

If you know heavy metal, you can work anywhere-Dave Andreson

Anchors Aweigh my boys, Anchors Aweigh!
    Farewell to foreign shores, We sail at break of day. Through our last night on shore, Drink to the foam. Until we meet once more. Here's wishing you a happy voyage home!

Post Likes
    Cooling towers.

No free advertising.

If you wish to purchase advertisement on this site.
    Contact Advertise

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MADHVACTECH View Post
    I am cross posting this here and in the commercial section in hopes of getting the best response. This is what I am looking for: I am looking for a good Cooling Tower/Chiller School's. I am looking for something that has a good overview and indepth. That is based more on the mainitence side and some on the installtion of the units. Anywhere in the country is ok. Thanks
    All of the major manufacturers offer courses in areas like teardown/overhaul and controls on their own machines, but I don't know of any actual schools that offer a comprehensive curriculum on just chilled water systems. The Navy had a course in centrifugals that was an extension of the AC/R school in San Diego, but I'm not sure if they teach civilians. Years ago, a company called Servidyne had a pretty good course, but I don't think it's offered anymore. For most of us working on chillers, it was just a progression from many years in the trade working on everything else before going into the field and then learning the nuances of it from the older guys.
    Low Pressure Forever!

If you know heavy metal, you can work anywhere-Dave Andreson

Anchors Aweigh my boys, Anchors Aweigh!
    Farewell to foreign shores, We sail at break of day. Through our last night on shore, Drink to the foam. Until we meet once more. Here's wishing you a happy voyage home!

Post Likes
    Entech in Texas.

Post Likes

Exclamation

In florida the union schools use to be so good that all of the techs ended up being contractors lol, the contractors within the union didn't like this and politics being as they are they basically ruined the school and now the union is falling apart for various reasons. No i'm not a union guy use to be but the company's here.... Well put it this way I wasn't happy in the union.

I come from the old school started a LONG time ago as a kid working on wall ac units refrigerators and was a helper and just learned and learned, However one thing that can at least give you get a leg up are seminars allot of companies have seminars. There only so much you can learn in school but then you have to get out there and get some hands on exp maybe find the right company to grow with may be your best choice. You can always go to work for someone who has a div that works on water towers ect.
    ChillerWisperer is absolutely correct.

The new school is guys coming out of school expect instant $25.00 an hr and to be experts right away.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chrishvacman View Post
    The new school is guys coming out of school expect instant $25.00 an hr and to be experts right away.
    And sometimes they get lucky and find someone dumb enough to pay them 1/2 again to twice what they're actually worth when they have no experience. It's that "expert" part that they'll realize 30 years later that they were lacking............

Two things I was taught early on: Never mistake exposure for experience, and never mistake activity for achievement.

Post Likes
    I see you are in Wisconsin, You could check into Tranes schools in La Crosse.
    Very good factory training there.

Post Likes

want to leaarn chillers

I would like to become a chiller tech. what is a good basics school to start with? that is affordable to a tech's wallet. i have ten years in the field, primarily commercial, lots of cooling tower experience just not chillers, all SWUDS and DX cooling, Lieberts mostly.

Post Likes
    union school can be good local 250 pipe fitters california also if you want be expert in towers you can get one brand for train you in cooling towers ,evaporative condensers, and procces water water towers a good program that i take was with evapco mr good tower certification , they certified for sales and service hope help you but have to be separate tower and chillers , also on chillers you can chosse one brand like carrier but you have to go syracuse new york and invest good money on it

Post Likes
    Isn't there an industry chiller school somewhere in Texas, Forth Worth I think?

Post Likes
    As the one guy mentioned, Entech. On the overhauls, you can pick from Carrier, McQuay, Trane and York as the course. No Dunham-Bush or Hitachi. Only the 4 popular ones in North America.

Post Likes
    Challenge yourself, take the CM test --- Certificate Member since 2004 ---Join RSES ---the HVAC/R training authority ---www.rses.org

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in