Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New van setup...finally!!

Most of you saw what happened to my previous truck in this thread: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=275722

Well, it's been almost a month and I think I finally have the new rig setup the way I want it. It's been 8 years since I've worked out of a van. So far I think I like it.

I am open to suggestions, you guys have a better way.

nice set up..i am assuming you are still going to pull a trailer. Hard to find room for a blower and a lunch box, but looks like you are well prepared for most anything

If it works for you, then go for it. I just can't see needing the 2 Cobalt tool chests. For example you have a draw labeled "driver bits", do you have a full draw of driver bit in there? Do you need a full draw of driver bits? Also with the amount of space devoted to tools, I work assume you do mostly service work. If you do mostly service work, then were are your parts. I see a motor.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowirenut View Post
    nice set up..i am assuming you are still going to pull a trailer. Hard to find room for a blower and a lunch box, but looks like you are well prepared for most anything
    Yes, still pulling a trailer for installations. Lunch box goes up front with me
    and plenty of room for any size residental blower or coil

Quote Originally Posted by ascj View Post
    If it works for you, then go for it. I just can't see needing the 2 Cobalt tool chests. For example you have a draw labeled "driver bits", do you have a full draw of driver bit in there? Do you need a full draw of driver bits? Also with the amount of space devoted to tools, I work assume you do mostly service work. If you do mostly service work, then were are your parts. I see a motor.

I am anal about organization! Yes, the one drawer is full of driver bits! I've got driver bits from 1/4" to 1/2" from 2" to 18" long...just in case Yes, I do mostly residental service....all of the small parts are in the "pack rat". I do currently have only one motor on the truck I do have an order in at Johnstone though. I guess I should pick them up tommorrow! It's been raining all week here in central Florida. I haven't been out on much service this week.

Quote Originally Posted by krh1air View Post
    I am anal about organization! Yes, the one drawer is full of driver bits! I've got driver bits from 1/4" to 1/2" from 2" to 18" long...just in case Yes, I do mostly residental service....all of the small parts are in the "pack rat". I do currently have only one motor on the truck I do have an order in at Johnstone though. I guess I should pick them up tommorrow! It's been raining all week here in central Florida. I haven't been out on much service this week.
    If you have what you need to get the job done, then good. You just have me laughing, because to me it seems much.

If you have what you need to get the job done, then good. You just have me laughing, because to me it seems much.

LOL, I'm not quite as bad as my dad, though the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. My wife & I went through my dad's van this spring, and removed 4 sets of gauges (leaving 3 in the van) We also removed triplicates of various hand tools. We lighened his van by about 1000 lbs. I did notice the other day that the other 4 sets of gauges made their way back into his van I guess he couldn't help himself He is 67 and set in his ways...and it's heritatary. LOL

you could never have enough driver bits...the drawer idea looks good considering the number of bits I've lost..BTW nice setup
    learn from yesterday, experience it today, gain knowledge for tomorrow.
    -Amech

Whats with the funny R-410 tanks

Our tanks here in Canada are different, do you have to invert them for liquid. All our tanks have the liquid and gas nobs on top. Truck looks good also but very little room to move. Watch you Digi gauges I just snapped the sensor of the body where it screws in, when it fell from hanger.
    Do it right the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by krh1air View Post
    LOL, I'm not quite as bad as my dad, though the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. My wife & I went through my dad's van this spring, and removed 4 sets of gauges (leaving 3 in the van) We also removed triplicates of various hand tools. We lighened his van by about 1000 lbs. I did notice the other day that the other 4 sets of gauges made their way back into his van I guess he couldn't help himself He is 67 and set in his ways...and it's heritatary. LOL
    My grandfather was the same way. But instead of tools it was parts. You couldn't even move in his van. It was stacked with used parts. I think that is why I am the opposite. If it is not used at least once a year, it has no business being on my truck, that includes parts and tools.

But I may add at least your organized.

Quote Originally Posted by 21degrees View Post
    Our tanks here in Canada are different, do you have to invert them for liquid. All our tanks have the liquid and gas nobs on top. Truck looks good also but very little room to move.
    Yes, the 410a tanks have to be inverted for liquid. Send some pics of your tanks...sounds interesting

My grandfather was the same way. But instead of tools it was parts. You couldn't even move in his van. It was stacked with used parts. I think that is why I am the opposite. If it is not used at least once a year, it has no business being on my truck, that includes parts and tools.

But I may add at least your organized.
    I hate used parts! I say if it's worth fixing, it's worth putting in a new part. And I hate having new parts without boxes. I ordered a load of heat sequencers last year and they came without the boxes. I have gone a far as labeling "recycle box" on my truck stock sequencers so I can put the new boxless sequencer into the recycled box! lol

Years Ago I used them With R-12

Our recovery tanks are the same. Just our bottle you don't have to flip anymore both gas and liquid are ontop. They might be alittle bigger.
    Do it right the first time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast