Hybrid View

McDonald's R-12 wall freezers?

Anybody ever work on the reach-in wall freezers at McDonald's? To my understanding they are quite old (over 20 years) and not many of them are around. I have no idea who manufactures these things and I would like to get some info on them such as possible model numbers and how much gas do these things hold. We use Hot Shot as an R-12 replacement gas and I would like to know how much gas these things originally hold. Sure they are TXV/Receiver systems, but I want to know what the original charge is supposed to be.

Thanks

All the wall freezers in the McD's I service are made by Franke for McD's. I don't think any of them are 20 years old nor are they txv systems, all captube.
    "The trouble with the world is the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent full of doubt" -Bertrand Russell

I have seen some TXV wall freezers in MCD's. They are usually on each side of the back fryers and share a single TXV. The compressor is usually remoted in the back. No idea how much they hold though. We usually use 409a and charge till full sightglass. All the other wall freezers in Mcdonalds are made by franke and are cap tube systems running 502 or 408 if I have been into them.
    We do it nice cause we do it twice!

Anyone know where to get more info on the Franke freezers?
    I've worked on one and all the nameplate info is gone.
    It would be nice to know what the charge weight is supposed to be.

NEW TO WEB SITE NUG=T I AM A MCD TECHAND HAVE A WEBSITE WITH LOTS OF MANUALS FOR MCD,S
    http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/mcdsmaintech/ SIGN IN AND CHECK IT OUT MAY BE HELP FUL

Franke and H&K International are the two suppliers.

Both have websites and contact info if you Google them.

Seeing that they are TXV systems and they have a sight glass. Make sure they are charged with a full sight glass then recover it all out and weigh it that is the quickest way when you do no have any information.

If its 20 years old its a Franke. What is the problem you are having with the wall frezzer.

(R-12) if it the type with a remote condensor then it should have a TXV reciever and sight glass. The condensing unit is either above the washing machine or under the right side frezzer. if it is the type with the conensor on top then it will be a captube system but still R-12. In a situation where the name tag is gone I would charge by frost line. take your time and watch the wall for frost. it won't be alot of gas around 1# watch the frost line.

Good luck