+ Reply to Thread

Thread: walk-in freezer 404a

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

walk-in freezer 404a

I having a problem with a walk-in not getting to desired temp. of zero. I'm only getting to 10 degrees. Charge seems good at 25 low and 210 high. Ambient of 70deg. The top of evap is icing. I checked heaters and all are working. Timer is set for 45min. Although defrost is terminating early. I moved the defrost terminator to the higher coils that are icing. I checked the TXV and there doesn't seem a restriction at strainer. It's a pumpdown system with cut in set at 20 pumping down to zero. Any help info would be greatly appreciated.

Post Likes
    That sounds like a super easy problem to fix.

Need a little more info to prove that you aren't a DIYer, though.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post

Ditto that.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

Post Likes

How would one prove they are not DIY'ers?

Post Likes
    send me 50 bucks.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dowadudda View Post
    send me 50 bucks.
    You're expensive, I'll do it for half that.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HSS View Post
    How would one prove they are not DIY'ers?
    Start by providing more information.

You could fill out your profile, put additional information about the system in the post.

There are 2 things that I see in the post that make me VERY sceptical about the original poster's actual knowledge in the field, thus I am cautious in offering advice.

Post Likes
    Start by providing more information.

You could fill out your profile, put additional information about the system in the post.

There are 2 things that I see in the post that make me VERY sceptical about the original poster's actual knowledge in the field, thus I am cautious in offering advice.
    I'll bet one of them is the fact that he joined this site 3 years ago and has only one post?????

Once any true hard nosed refer tech finds this site he will be hooked in no time .

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by intellitech View Post
    I'll bet one of them is the fact that he joined this site 3 years ago and has only one post?????

Once any true hard nosed refer tech finds this site he will be hooked in no time .
    Actually, that was not a part of my decision. I noted it, but, as I said, there are 2 bits of info that sound fishy. Errors and assumptions that I don't think that a tech would make.

Besides, hard-nosed techs already know everything. They don't need this site.

Post Likes

wow.

Hey man, why are you guys busting my balls? I understand your protecting the trades but the fact is that I check out the sight every now and then. The one time I got a question and needed a little help I get slammed because people need to know that I'm in the trade. I thought this sight was to help each other out? I'm not just and A/C guy I do refrigeration also but not the greatest. I know you guys are real good and was hoping you'd share some knowledge.

Post Likes
    Refer to your PT chart. I really think that the answer is right in front of you.

Also, 0 degrees is a bit warm for a freezer, isn't it? Most run -5 to -10 depending on what is stored in there.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in