Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus" View Post
    I think your over simplifying the answer. There are more factors and as previously stated you always have a pressure tempreature relationship.
    Oh yeah, I left out the heat.
    Some Talk, Some Do
    "keeping condensing pressures low and evaporator pressures high"
    "Some customers are more interested in comfort than energy savings"
    Blog
    Web
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by sktn77a View Post
    Boyle says PV=nRT
    Actually, Boyle said P is inversely proportional to V given a constant temperature.

Clapeyron should be given credit for the ideal gas law.

Quote Originally Posted by sktn77a View Post
    Pressure is proportional to Temperature.
    Ahem. In the condenser, pressure and temperature have nearly an exponential relationship due to the fact you're on the refrigerant's saturation curve. Pressure is only approx proportional to temperature in its gas state at a fixed volume.
    If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail. – Abraham Maslow

Touché

So you all are saying that the high-side pressure increase in response to ambient temperature increase has really nothing to do with the refrigeration cycle responding to that as an input? That it is simply the gas in the condenser responding to the temperature increase with a pressure increase? And that the pressure increase is immediate and proportional? Nothing fancy is going on here? The system doesn't even have to be running at all and the pressure will increase if this is the case.

BTW, sorry for what may seem like a rudimentary question. I'm actually an electrical engineer trying to gain an understanding of refrigeration by attending Internet University.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by nutohvac View Post
    So you all are saying that the high-side pressure increase in response to ambient temperature increase has really nothing to do with the refrigeration cycle responding to that as an input? That it is simply the gas in the condenser responding to the temperature increase with a pressure increase? And that the pressure increase is immediate and proportional? Nothing fancy is going on here? The system doesn't even have to be running at all and the pressure will increase if this is the case.

BTW, sorry for what may seem like a rudimentary question. I'm actually an electrical engineer trying to gain an understanding of refrigeration by attending Internet University.

Thanks.
    If my explanation didn't help you, see if this explanation from the Principles of Refrigeration (Dossat) is any help:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17.../Scan10100.jpg

Here's another explanation for the result of higher ambients:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17.../Scan10098.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12