Flame Sensor location

Why the hell do they put them in the hardest place to get out to clean.Ever have to get one out of a lennox G-60 what a pain. What the hell was Lennox thinking.

Rheem is no fun either. You can barely get a nut driver into there to take it out. And putting back and aligning it correctly? Might as well figure on being there for a while.

Talking

My old Comfortmaker was easier to get to and remove quickly.

But hey I'm just a homeowner/DIYer AND an engineer so I probably wasn't doing it right.....

O,H yaa your a engineer your the one we always blame for this stuff.I used to work for a Comfortmaker dealer they were one of the best to get to.

Trades Blame Engineers Who Blame Managers

FWIW, engineers like to blame managers and business types who put unreasonable cost and schedule constraints on us so that we end up with a poorly designed system.

My favorite is Dell laptops. Do you know you must disassemble almost the whole laptop to replace the cheap, high failure rate fan....Who designed that fubar.

I ment the engineer thing as a joke.even if it`s true do they ever try to service what they build.

Quote Originally Posted by jdavis72 View Post
    Rheem is no fun either. You can barely get a nut driver into there to take it out. And putting back and aligning it correctly? Might as well figure on being there for a while.

Rheems and Tranes are the easiest to access IMO. Carrier 90% on the other hand......

What about getting to the burners on a York Diamond 90?

How about TFC furnaces. You've nearly have to pull the burner assembly to get to them. Not to mention you've got to adjust their spark ignitors fresh out of the box.
    Even then ignitor & sense are poorly located.

Carrier/Bryant 90% with the intake entering from the left. Getting them back IN is worse than getting them out!
    Where are you? Are you done yet? I got ONE more call for you.....