Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Which "point and shoot" thermometer would you recommend?

One of the temperature guns I use that uses the red laser to tell you the temperature of the target area, has taken a dump and I need to order two more. The other did the job but I want to see what you all are using and hopefully find one that is less expensive. The last was pretty pricey and that was two years ago. I don't mind spending money on a good unit but I want a good bang for the buck deal.

Which do you recommend?

Ive been using a fluke i bought new for $99....works great

This is What I have and you can find it way cheaper if you do a search, their site just had a good pic/description. The nice thing about it is its 50:1 (D:S) nice for those far away registers

http://www.instrumart.com/Product.as...rect=ttiglobal
    What cant be done correctly shouldn't be done at all

Quote Originally Posted by ryand View Post
    This is What I have and you can find it way cheaper if you do a search, their site just had a good pic/description. The nice thing about it is its 50:1 (D:S) nice for those far away registers

http://www.instrumart.com/Product.as...rect=ttiglobal

Wow, what a price for that first link. But I'm seaching that unit as we speak and the Fluke as well. Thanks guys for the response.

I don't know how fancy an IR thermometer you want (adjustable emissivity?) but I have an entry level Raytek MT6 which is fine for my needs. I got mine on Ebay from the guy that sells a ton of 'em for $50 with free shipping.

Had the Raytek's, worked fine but they don't seem to last (3 out of 4 died in 18 months). Bought the fieldpiece (about $60) model, have not had any problems with them. Fluke is nice but pricey ! I'm gonna check out that ebay thing myself.
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !

All opinions expressed are my own. Any advice provided is based on personal experience, generally accepted fact or publicly available information. As such, it is worth exactly what you paid for it, not a penny more not a penny less !!

Read the information at http://www.infraredthermometers.org/
    Aircraft Mechanical Accessories Technician. The Air Force changed the job title to Air Craft Environmental Systems Technician. But I've decided I'll always be a Mech Acc.

$29.95 Harbor Freight. works pretty good. Do a google search for a 20% off coupon

I got mine at Sear about 4 yrs ago not a gun but a Palm unit. Works great and for an IR it quite actuate
    If you help others then you are a Success

coopers look nice. i have an NRP one or something i won at a show i think...

my buddy has the yellow craftsman and it works good. it also has a k type built in. i believe it was under 100
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

testo makes a nice one, its only 900 bucks though
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Do these IR's give funky readings on copper pipe?

Any I've used are all over the map.

You need to make sure which ever one you buy it has a visible laser. Read the back or the package for the variance. Ryobi has one but it's plus or minus 8 deg F. The good ones should be 2 deg F

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast